Monday 17 November 2014

Humbled

I feel really bad cause it seems like I've been neglecting this blog, for I haven't blogged for 9 days! But anyway I have my reasons for this, I am currently involved in another "project" which you will find out soon enough I suppose. And I feel bad too cause ever since I hit my resolution of blogging a hundred posts this year, I feel a lesser need of writing here hah, but no worries I am trying still to blog as often as possible. Just that in the past few days I've been involved in other stuff.

Anyway on Saturday, someone I know called me up to teach me something. It is something that not many people do now, in fact very few people do. And I am very humbled that he wants to teach this precious skill to me. And I hope I can help people with this skill in the future. When I think about it, I really feel that this is a very rare skill now. Not many people know it.

What skill you ask? Something to do with Fengshui!

Well so I am learning how to look for auspicious days for different events. Although like I said in my previous post months ago, about how I don't fully believe in this, but instead I tell myself that there is a reason to why we choose the days. As this method is based on the Chinese Lunar Calendar, and that every year the calendar changes according to the moon cycle, a book is published every year to look for such days. Not everyone can easily understand the book and so he's teaching me how to read it. And no, it's not easy. I'm still struggling sometimes.

I am pretty humbled and amazed sometimes when I think about this skill. This skill has been used in the olden days in China, where people still use stars and moons to look for signs of events. When to plant, when to harvest and so on. To me I feel very amazed by the fact that somehow, the universe is involved in our lives. Of course, when we use our "logic", it is out of our understanding to how the position of moon and stars can affect our lives. After all Shakespeare says it is not in the stars that hold our destiny but ourselves. But why do people in the past still use them, and are kinda correct about it. Like how some culture still plant/harvest crops at a particular period.

Well I suppose there's a lot of things that life can't explain. And a lot of things that don't need an explanation. They just happen beautifully by the power of the stars and the moon and how every atom and molecule of the universe seem to vibrate in their own beautiful way to produce such an event. If you get what I mean. Life itself is a big, great and beautiful unknown.

And I suppose, no one can answer life.

No comments: