Friday 28 November 2014

Speed of time

Can't believe that we're already on the third last day of November, and like the 34th last day of the year. Where did 2014 go to man. I always go and pray to my ancestors with my dad almost every night. Beside the altar, there's a small calendar and it scares me sometimes to realise we're flipping on to the last page of the calendar now. I can still remember how I used to countdown to my Iceland trip by looking at that calendar. And now we're on to December pretty soon.

I think 2014 is a year that went by super quickly. Sometimes I feel it's a yea that never happen. You know, like a year that happened too quickly that it doesn't feel you actually went by the year. It's been quite a great year I must say though. Learned a lot, went through a lot.

Anyway I went to Jakarta again today to accompany my sister and her colleague to meet with some supplier guy. Sometimes it scares me to realise how quickly time flies. Last time, it was us going to school and doing grocery shopping together. Now we're working already and sometimes I'm part of her activities at work. Time flies indeed, and it needs to fly. It's the law of nature and life I guess.

There was a huge jam just now - on the opposite direction of the read when we were heading home. It's all because of a road construction work, and it caused 15KM long of cars to be in a standstill. They can't move, and everyone is just switching off their cars to wait.

Not sure if I should feel happy that the road is finally getting fixed, or sad because of the 15KM of jam.

No comments: