Thursday 12 November 2015

Fabulous Weekend

Hello again! Sorry for not blogging for a long time. I've had a packed week last week, and an awesome weekend to end it! Anyway Brenda and Jeslyn came to my hometown last Saturday! We spent the weekend together traveling around my hometown. Well some places are far from my hometown (2 hours drive away) but it still fall inside the regency of my hometown so yep. Haha. Here goes!

So I fetched them at the airport on Saturday afternoon. We headed off to Jakarta first to have lunch. Took them to Mangga Dua (I call it Bangkok's Platinum Mall of Jakarta) for a bit of shopping. Although we didn't get a lot of stuff from there, Jes got herself a necklace! Before we started heading back to my hometown, we ate dinner first at the cafe my brother always frequents. The journey home was a bit long thanks to a jam. We took 3.5 hours... Which is something longer than normal. Especially at night. 

View from the temple! A bit cloudy though

The next day we went to Pelabuhan Ratu (AKA Queen's Port) which is a beach area 2 hours drive from my hometown. Brought them to a local noodle stall which is very famous in my hometown for breakfast first. The journey didn't take long, it was an hour's ride or so I think. But the roads' condition were awesome haha. Anyway first stop is a temple of Avalokitesvara (Guan Yin) beside a beach! I think it's a beautiful place with a wonderful scenery too. Spent some time walking around the ground.

Oh and I also gave them a crash course on West Javanese mythology haha.

 As you can see it's pretty stormy

We then went to have lunch first as we're quite hungry. From the lunch area, we wanted to go to this beach with huge corals (Karang Hawu) but well at the end of our lunch there was literally a storm approaching our way. We just tried to go there, just in case the rain stopped halfway but nope, the rain got worst haha. So we decided to head back to my hometown instead. What a bummer, but well it's the weather and no one can control it so no worries! After resting for a while in the hotel, I brought them to dinner at a nearby cafe. I hope they enjoyed it! After dinner, we ended the day.

On Monday we went for a trek to a waterfall on the mountain of my hometown called Curug Cibereum (Cibereum waterfall). This is actually a first for me as well! Gosh 23 years of my life, and it's my first time haha. Anyway the trek up was... Whew. Some parts are really challenging with high slopes. Some parts are literally a walk in the (mountaineous) park. But it's worth the hike! Cause...

 Curug Cibereum

Yup that's the waterfall! It is so huge, majestic and tall. Well it's about 54m tall and it's pretty cold out there haha. And it's also famous for leeches, which the three of us got sucked on! Well, experience of a lifetime that is. We started trekking back and when we reached the halfway point (a guard post), it started raining. We decided to rest and... The rain got heavier! We waited an hour there.

 This is the stream I'm talking about.
As we trekked back, it disappeared under gushing water

We decided to have a cut-off time to trek back cause it didn't stop raining. And we didn't want to spend the entire afternoon there. We went to trek in the rain and... We discovered something to our horror. So we were supposed to cross this tiny stream with platforms to step on to. Thanks to the rain, the stream became a gushing river and the water level was raised for probably a metre high haha. So thankful for our guide who showed us another way. Although longer, but we reached the entrance safely.

It was definitely a day to remember! So glad I went through it with them :)

We took a shower first before I brought them for lunch. We were so famished from the trek so it was an enjoyable lunch. I brought them to the farm next and glad they liked it! Except for the slight drizzle. Jes was saying how she wouldn't mind spending her life there haha. Finally a good friend of mine knows what I'm doing here haha. After that I brought them to my house, before we went for dinner together with my mum, sister and her fiance. Was feeling kinda sad that their trip is ending tomorrow :(

 Thanks for coming over!!!

The next day, I went to Jakarta's airport to send them off. I was feeling rather sad that this fabulous weekend of mine is over. But at the same time I feel thankful for them for coming here to spend their weekend with me! And also... Next year will mark our 10th year of knowing each other. I feel really honoured to have crossed paths with them. And even more honoured that we still kept in contact.

I hope you both had an enjoyable weekend at my humble hometown! You're more than welcome to come back here. Just tell me before hand hahaha. Alright see you soon again! :)

No comments: