Thursday 26 November 2015

Ten years

So sorry for not blogging the past week again! I've been rather busy lately, and lots of things happened so I didn't really have the chance to blog. Anyway, my Facebook timeline is currently filled with news about PSLE results. Also, some of my friends who gave tuition to primary school kids are sharing the joy of their students as well. Which reminds me... It's been TEN years since I took my result!

I can still remember the day I took my result. It was a week after our P6 farewell dinner which also co-incides with Pei Tong's 60th Anniversary. So it's been a week since I last saw my friends, and we were all nervous and excited to know our results. I remember when we gathered in the hall and the principal gave us a speech. And then a teacher (I forgot who) told us about the highest score in the school, and the top ten people who scored very well. Obviously I'm not one of them.

I can also still remember I was one of the last few to get my result, although I was supposed to be the first. Cause my form teacher, Mrs Leow, asked me to assist her to give out the result to the class first. And when she gave me my result slip, I was so happy to see one of my favourite bands - ABBA. But then I was a bit down when I saw the numbers below them - 204. But it's okay. I was hopeful.

And then I spent the remainder of the day going to the teachers thanking them. And then I went home and discussed with my sister to which school I should choose. I really wanted to go to Queensway secondary but the score was 207 or 211 I think... I still put it as my first choice. And my friend told my to put Clementi Town as my second (no freaking idea why I did that), and Tanglin was my third choice.

One of the most memorable things I remembered from this day was when one of my frenemy told me:

"I hope you fail your PSLE and retain for 10 years" HAHAHAHAHA

Okay she's neither a good friend nor an enemy. She just love to make fun of me. I remember I was so paranoid that I asked her to touch some wood and she refused to do so.

So it's been ten years since that "curse" was blurted out and... Wow I have come a long way. I graduated from Tanglin Sec, with good results. I have a diploma now. I climbed Mt Kinabalu. I did a big project on kidney and lasers. I ran half a marathon. And so on. 

Sometimes I wish that I can remain as a kid. Or I wish I have that heart of a kid. When I don't really worry about what's ahead. All I just want to do is to get into a secondary school, and I hope to do well there. Isn't it so amazing and funny how when I was young, I never imagined to have done all these things within these ten years. And well, I am just so eager to see what's coming in the next ten years.

I hope to remain that hopeful. That thirst of the things that are coming ahead of me.

No comments: