Friday 27 November 2015

Reality Hits

I'm feeling very weird today. Seems like reality just hit me on the face. And everything, the thoughts I have about life that I've accumulated in this year seems to merge inside my brain to form a huge ball of thoughts. Not sure what to feel, not sure what to think about them. Hmm 

2015 has been pretty much a fast and weird year for me. Being 23 is a weird thing to experience heh. I never feel this way before, ever, in my life. Perhaps as we grow older, we feel indifferent towards our age? As compared to when we were young. Where age doesn't matter, somehow.

Anyway today Mrs Jenny, my guardian of 10 years came to my hometown! So nice of her to go all the way from Singapore to attend my sister's wedding. When I saw her again for the first time in 2.5 years... A rush of memories just flooded my brain. And her presence really made me miss Pandan Valley and Singapore a lot. I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since I left the sunny island.

Which then leads me to all these weird thoughts. Thinking about how much life has changed. How much I've changed, how much I've become, and how much I have not become. It's so weird.

Alrighty gonna stop here now. Just wanna share with you what a weird day it is today!

Alright as I might be busy in the next few days, I'm gonna share the great music of November!

Great Music of November:
- Sunburnt Through The Glass by PREP
- On the Regular by Shamir
- A Song of Us by Marco Marche
- Senja dan Mentari by Marco Marche
- Open by Rhye
- The Fall by Rhye

Alright I haven't talked with your about PREP! I actually discovered PREP on August from their first release - "Cheapest Flight" through MorIndie channel. I fell in love with that song. And still waiting for it to be released haha. They released their 2nd song Sunburnt Through The Glass this month and I love it too! I still love Cheapest Flight more though heh. I can't wait for their album!

I haven't heard of Shamir till I saw him on the Laneway lineup. The first referral of him was his song "On The Regular". Gotta be honest, the first time I listen to it I went "WTH" because... Well his music is not really my type of music. But after listening to that song a couple of times, I now have it on my iPod and memorised like 3/4 of the lyric HAHAHA. He's a talented young man really. 

Discovered Marco Marche through Youtube, on my recommendation tab! Their song "Senja Dan Mentari" is so so beautiful. They really remind me of Kings of Convenience. The Indonesian male and female due version of it I suppose. I really love both of their voices and their songs! Check them out :)

Brenda asked me a couple of months back... Wait actually like right in the beginning of the year haha. I haven't heard of them but she recommended me their song "Open" and upon listening to it, wow I'm awed really. And I'm even more awed to discover that the singer is a guy! Milosh is such an awesome awesome singer OMG. I'm like fanboying over his voice haha. So I decided to buy their album, Woman, and hmm fell in love with it right away. I'm still contemplating if I should catch them live in Jakarta next month. Not sure if I can make it :l Oh well we'll see! I'd really love to see em live though.

Yup that's all for this month's music! Enya and Adele have released their new albums but they haven't arrived here yet (meow). Well I bought them directly from Amazon and they're arriving next week so let's just wait I suppose! I know Adele songs are sounding amazing listening from the preview on iTunes. I bought Water Under The Bridge just now. Cause I just love that song. 

Alright see you soon! It's gonna be an exciting, fun-filled and so-much-feels weekend!

No comments: