Friday 25 March 2016

A Good Friday

Today was Good Friday, so it was a holiday for us here! It was well, really, a good Friday haha. A pretty rainy one too. I think my dad wanted to go to the farm today but because of the rain we didn't. I spent the afternoon reading a book and watching YouTube videos hah. We were having a satay session too in the evening. So I was preparing my vegetarian satay too mwahaha. Made from mock-meats! It tasted okay. But I think the flavour doesn't match somehow. It should go well with peanut sauce.

I also made grilled eggplant with miso glaze. It's pretty good! I had too many eggplants though heh.

I can't really remember the last time that I had such a chill day like today. And it feels so weird to do nothing on the day heh. Perhaps I am too pre-occupied everyday with things to do and people to meet, that it feels very weird to have a day filled with emptiness. Well I'm looking forward to the Hari Raya holidays on July though. It's gonna be empty and chill days. I'm already planning of things to do here, back at home haha. Well yup I've decided to stay here for the holidays. 

You know these days, I've been having like random flashbacks of my days in Singapore. Like today while reading my book I just suddenly had this flashback of me walking to Jelita from my house on a cloudy day. Probably those Sundays/Saturdays when I would do my grocery shopping. Me, beneath the cloudy sky, listening to music while walking to Jelita. I really miss those days!

Sometimes I just can't help but to feel shocked at the rate that time is flying. It's been like almost 3 years since I went back for good. I do miss Singapore at times. But whenever I think of those good old days, I'm just filled with pride and happiness I guess? That all of these happened, that I went through all of these. I went through these days that have turned into memories now. That I will keep forever.

There are days where I would stare at the emptiness, reminding myself that "hey do you remember that you actually studied in Singapore for 11 years?" Hahaha. It's weird, but true. I'm 24 now. I really can't imagine how life will be 10 years later. All these memories, will they stay the same?

Life is one wonderfully funny journey. All of these things that had happened. All of these days that we went through, they are all beautiful moments. And I often wonder how much, and how long will they remain with us. Sometimes these days gave me bittersweet memories, of the sweet days of the past that I wish I could return. But these memories also remind me that one day, today will be a memory. And I'm kind of excited too, to know what memories I will have of today, in the future.

In the meantime, enjoy the show, put on your best foot forward every single time. Soon, enjoy the story as you time-travel back to today. Whew, life, you're so awesome!

No comments: