Wednesday 23 March 2016

Curried Chickpeas Taco

Hello again! It's the 15th of the 2nd Lunar Month today so I'm going to share with you the vegetarian recipe for this month! It's a new recipe I tried, Curried Chickpeas Taco (with kangkung).


Curried Chickpeas Taco With Kangkung  

Ingredients:

- 400gr of Chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 small or medium onion, diced
- A handful of kangkung (watercress)
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- A bit of water
- Taco shells

Directions:

As usual, if you're using dried chickpeas like I do, soak them overnight or for at least 6 hours. This time round don't crush them haha. I boil them for about 10 minutes till they're nice and firm (but nice to the bite). Or you can also skip the soaking and boil them straight away. I think you can do that.... I haven't tried it though heh. Or at least soak them for about an hour prior to boiling.

Heat some oil in the pan. Stir fry the onion until they are fragrant and transparent, then insert the garlic. Make sure they're not burnt (I learned my lesson here heh). Add in the curry powder, garam masala, salt and pepper and mix them all in into kind of a paste. Add a bit of water to loosen them a bit, make sure they're not too dry. And then stir in the chickpeas! :)

Mix until well-combined and a few minutes before serving, add in the kangkung and mix them till they wilt. Have a taste and add more seasoning if required. Take em out and serve! Just take a spoonful and put it on your taco and nom your way baby. You can also use burrito wraps I guess, I had some taco shell leftovers so I ate them on the taco shells. Or serving it with rice is great as well.

Alright that's it for my second MVR! I haven't tried any new veggie recipe so far... Made some miso soup last week though and it's quite good. Okay see you on the next MVR :D

No comments: