Wednesday 30 March 2016

Streaming Streaming

It's the second last day of March! Can you believe it. Although somehow I feel that this month moves on rather slowly haha, perhaps it's because there were only 29 days in February. The 2 extra days made this month feel slower (yeah sure...) heh. Well something kind of exciting happened today in Indonesia - Spotify has officially launched in my homeland today! After years of waiting.

Although I'm not that excited. Because I don't like the idea of music streaming, though I feel that this is the future of music. When everything will be wireless in the future I guess? Wireless, device-less and so on. I still believe in the idea of physical music. Even though it means as "files" on your computer. Why? I don't like the idea that we need an internet connection to listen to music.  

We should all be able to listen to music whenever and wherever!

I cannot imagine sitting by the beach alone, wanting to listen to some good chillout music but not being able to because the internet connection is horrible haha. Although yes, Spotify is actually a great alternative to music listening because it actually frees up the space on our phones. Since everything is online. But well I always have an iPod for music. I dedicate my phone for camera and communication.

But hey I'm quite excited that Spotify is here because... I can finally listen to the playlists created by my favourite artists! Like touring playlists, inspiration playlists, spring playlists etc. I remember Sigur Ros created a playlist of songs they listen to while touring and oh man I wanna listen to their songs! But I can't, cause Spotify wasn't available in Indonesia so... Yes. Now I can!

And there's that new songs of the week feature as well. I was reading online about how this feature is a great way for people to discover new music. So yes, as much as I don't like the idea of music streaming, I'm still going to give Spotify a try haha. 

Okay time to share with you the great music I discovered in March!

Great Music of March:
- Love Is Blind by Lapsley
- Darkest Hour by Lyves
- Gone by Day Wave
- Stuck by Day Wave
- Conqueror by Aurora
- I Went Too Far by Aurora
- Daydreamer by Bipolar Sunshine
- King (Gryffin Remix) by Years and Years
- Daydreamer (Gryffin Remix) by  Bipolar Sunshine

Lapsley and Aurora released both of their debut albums in this month! I'm feeling super awed and happy for these two artists I discovered last year. I think they are talented singers and song-writers, and I really love their albums. I discovered Aurora last year through her song "Runaway" which I fell in love with her voice instantly. As for Lapsley I discovered her through BBC sounds of 2015. 

Day Wave also released his new EP Hard To Read in this month. I pre-ordered his double EP and it came a few weeks ago I think. I really love his new EP! All of the songs are so good. Day Wave is one of my favourite new artists that I discovered. He's definitely gonna make it far. Looking forward to his debut album! My new favourite from him is "Stuck". "Drag" is still a wonderful song though.

I discovered Lyves from Mr Suicide Sheep again on YouTube. I really love this "dark" song, a pretty good song to listen to at night, when you're feeling jumbled up with emotions. Okay a few days back, Gryffin's remix of Troye Sivan's Youth was released. And I love it, like really really love it. I've heard of Gryffin's name before but I haven't checked his remixes. His remixes are really really good. I downloaded all of them on iTunes haha. And this is how I discoverd Bipolar Sunshine!

His song "Daydreamer" is such a nice song. It's another "Why didn't I discover you" moment when I first heard his song. Now his song is on repeat on my iPod. 

Alright that is all for the great music of March! Can't wait to know what's in store for me in April. Well for now I'm excited for 1st of April cause Explosions In The Sky and Hammock are releasing their new albums! I'm a fan of Hammock's music and I'm excited to listen to their new songs :) Alrighty I hope the week has been treating you alright. Wishing you a smooth-sailing journey for the remaining week!

No comments: