Wednesday 10 August 2016

Short Trip

Alright so let me blog about my really short trip to Singapore! Anyway I was planning to go to Singapore on 4th - 6th August. Well I did, but my plan to leave Singapore on 6th night was changed cause I had to attend a wedding in KL on the evening of that Saturday. Hence I left Singapore in the morning for KL. Oh well nevertheless, it was a great trip back to Singapore!

Anyway I reached Singapore at 2 PM. Met Syaz for lunch at Changi first! Thank you so much for taking your time and going all the way to Changi to meet me for lunch :') We grabbed a bite at Coffee Bean and it was quite good. I had salted pistachio frap but it tastes... Weird haha. Chatted a lot about life after uni, now that both of us are working adults haha. Congratulations on your graduation anyway! :D Man it feels so weird, back in poly we used to drink teh-peng together and now, we upgrade our drinks and talk about the future haha. Time flies so fast man, I wish we can be poly kids again.

 Thanks Syaz for the afternoon! :D

After that we went to walk around the airport for a while, and then we shared a cab to our respective places. Once again thank you so much for that short afternoon! All the best for your job search and I really hope that we can meet again soon! :D It was really a great catch up session.

I went to drop my luggage and bag in my hotel room before heading out to town to meet Neal, Jeslyn and Leon. Anyway I stayed at Studio M hotel for a short staycation with the two of them. I really love the hotel! It's so nice and beautiful. The minus side is only the distance between the hotel and Clarke Quay MRT hah. Dropped my bags, and went straight to Orchard!

 View from the hotel room!

Got the stuff I need to get for my mum and sister. I met them at Taka and then we went to Far East for dinner. I'm so happy to finally reunite with Neal again after two years! It's so good to see him again. I think he had a great time during his missionary. At Far East we went to eat at a nice restaurant. Now that I'm a vegetarian I only have the veggie dishes haha. But they're good! The salted egg pork ribs look so damn tantalising though. Too bad I can't eat them :P

Walked to 313 for some Korean Bingsu for dessert! We were having a debate to see which one is nicer. Jes and I are team Injeolmi while Leon and Neal are team chocolate brownies haha. Had a great chat with them about many different things. Man I realised how much of a grown-up we all are. We talk more about "serious" stuff hah. Well, it's just time flying quickly I guess.

Made our way back to the hotel. We were all so tired and.... We're hungry again after reaching haha. Jes ordered food from Food Panda. I was hungry so I ordered Aglio Olio and also truffle fries to share. After that all of us knocked out and... We woke up at like 10 AM hahaha.

 Some prata finally!

And then our food hunt begins! First stop was Prata at Spize. Damn I miss that place! And I miss prata. So we bought two pratas and a murtabak to share. Next stop was Tiong Bahru Curry rice. Man I can still remember us talking about it back in 2012 I think... And we finally get to try it! The curry was awesome. And next was... Plain Vanilla. My favourite cupcake in Singapore ever. Their salted caramel cupcake is so awesome. Spent quite a long time there to talk for a while. 

My favourite cupcake in the world. Serious.

Wanted to go back to Tanglin but we decided not to cause we're worried that we couldn't go in hah. So we went to MBS instead cause I was looking for a CD but... They don't have it. And then we went to Holland V to chill at Starbucks before meeting Adeline for dinner in Clementi. We had dinner first before meeting her and we went to Macs to accompany her to eat. 

 Thanks for the meetup guys <3

It's great to be reunited with them again. Ten years ago we entered Tanglin. Still on checkered skirts and short grey pants. And here we are now as working adults (except for Neal who's entering Uni soon!). I feel so fuzzy inside when I was talking with them. Time flies so so quickly.

 Thanks for the weekend, glad we spent it like we used to!

The whole of Friday afternoon and Saturday reminds me of the spontaneous outings I always had with Jes and Neal. The two of them are probably the most spontaneous friends I ever have. Back when I was still in Singapore, we can simply text each other to meet for dinner somewhere in 30 minutes, and we will be there haha. I'm glad that we spent the short two days just like the good old days. Now that Neal is leaving for his university, I really don't know when the three of us can do this again :(

After that we all went home and I went back to the hotel to pack up. My flight to KL was an early morning one so yep. Thankfully I packed my bags after that cause I almost woke up late hah.

 Clementi

Anyway this trip back to Singapore was indeed a short one. But it was also such a memory-revisited trip. I went to places I always go to back when I was still studying in Singapore. Holland V and Clementi. You know it feels so weird seeing poly and secondary school kids loitering around Clementi. Thinking to myself that I was one of them 4 - 7 years ago. Being in HV starbucks - a place where I always write my journal every Sunday after going to the temple. 

And here I am now, no longer in Singapore. My weekly routine has changed drastically and obviously, I'm no longer in Singapore hah. This is why Singapore will always be a special place in my heart. Walking around the sunny island like as if I just left the island yesterday. It's crazy to think that three years have went by ever since I returned home. Yet the memories still linger, like I never left.

Well I'm always looking forward to my next trip to Singapore. Reuniting with old friends and so on. It was indeed a great albeit short weekend. Thank you to everyone whom I've met and I really hope to see all of you again. Take care and all the best in everything we do okay! :)

No comments: