Wednesday 31 August 2016

I'm All Over It Now

Okay just a random post title. Currently listening to this song by Jamie Cullum. Alright let's jump straight into the great music discoveries of August! Unlike July, I discovered some great songs :D

Great Music of August:
- Travel by Matter Halo
- Kamulah Yang Terindah by Matter Halo
- Working Song by Difang Duana 
- Elders Drinking Song by Difang Duana
- Lauren by Men I Trust
- Break for Lovers by Men I Trust ft Helena

Right! More songs discovered now right haha. Anyway lets begin with Matter Halo. I actually discovered this band and song I think back in January. In YouTube or something. But I chanced upon the music video for Travel again and damn I love this song! It sounds familiar so I must have listened to it before hah. Anyway yup I discovered another wonderful Indonesian band! Bought their album and I'm excited for the road ahead of them. Hope to see them live one day :)

Discovered this great folk song of the Ami people of Taiwan while reading about Enigma's song "Return To Innocence". I searched for their song on YouTube and chanced upon Difang Duana! I really really love the original song and the other folk songs that they have. I bought them off iTunes right away. There is something about traditional folk songs that make me feel attracted to them. I think folk songs are music that truly comes from the heart. Hence they are beautiful in many different aspects.

Last but not least I discovered Men I Trust from MorIndie again on YouTube. I really love how smooth the bass passage of their song "Lauren". Upon more searches I discovered their singles. Excited for them! Looking forward to hearing more new materials from them.

Alright that's all from me for this month's wonderful music discoveries. Anyway so many artists and bands are announcing the releases of their new albums in this year! EOTS' Two Vines on 28th October, OneRepublic's Oh My My on 7th of October, and Enigma's new album as well coming later this year. Man 2016 is another exciting year for the music industry. I can't wait for all of these! :)

Goodbye August! You've been kinda nice. September, let's make you superb baby. 

No comments: