Tuesday 16 August 2016

Sore Tomatoes

This is really a random post but gotta tell you about it. So on Saturday and Sunday, I have been eating lots of tomatoes. And when I mean a lot I go by a plate full of tomatoes (uncut!) for lunch on Saturday, and another plate for Sunday dinner. And a few more tomatoes here and there. No rice, no noodles, nothing else. Just pure tomato goodness on a plate! Very healthy right?

Of course, with the high lycopene and vitamin C level, it is very healthy.

But since Monday I've been having sore mouths! It feels like having ulcers without the bumps. So I went to search online if this is some sort of allergic reaction and people are experiencing the same, after a long period of time of tomato consumption. It's canker sores, caused by the ascorbic acid of the tomatoes. It's not only on my inner cheek/bottom lip, but also my tongue.

In fact from Monday, it feels kind of painful to talk because my tongue would brush against my tooth and that's where the sore at. So I've been keeping quiet the past two days. I just hope people around me won't think that I am on a bad mood or something haha. It's just annoyingly painful.

Alright that's all for this random post. Tomatoes are good, just don't eat too many of them.

No comments: