Tuesday 9 August 2016

Recall The City

 I will always recall the city

Hello hello! Sorry for not blogging for so long, I just returned from Singapore on Sunday for a short trip over the weekend. And August has been busy for me so far. Today's the 9th of August which means it's Singapore's National Day so here's me wishing you a happy 51st birthday! Singapore will always be a special place for me. And hence this day will always be a special one for me too.

It's been 3 years since I returned home and the 9th of August has been a special day that got me reminiscing the good old days that I spent in Singapore. Those days spent singing national day songs in school, and then watching the NDP on TV at night. I'm not a Singaporean but well, having lived in that beautiful sunny island for 11 years, it will always be a special place to me.

To be honest, a trip back to Singapore never feels like a holiday for me (except when I'm traveling with my family I guess). It just feels like a trip back to... Singapore. Walking on streets I used to walk on, looking at familiar sights and so on. So when people tell me "Wah so good you're going for a holiday to Singapore", I don't feel like it's a holiday. You get what I mean? Haha.

Just like Kit Chan's Home, I will always recall the city. I will always remember Singapore. Thankfully I still remember the bus routes whenever I come back haha. Although nowadays I always double check the MRT lines. Since there are additional lines now! Going back to Singapore in the past weekend feels so weird. To think that I once walked and strolled in this neighbourhood and so on. So much has changed but the memories I shared are still vivid like as if it happened yesterday.

Alright I'm going to blog about my trip soon! Although it was a short trip, I really enjoyed it cause I finally got reunited with some people that I haven't met in a long time. See ya soon! :)

No comments: