Wednesday 8 March 2017

Investment

Just like money, we invest a lot in life. Not just to some business prospects or stock market. But the daily occurrences in our lives. We invest our time to fix a problem. We invest our energy on some people. We invest lots of things. And just like an investment, we need to be careful of what we are investing on. Cause when things go wrong, we'll never get our investments (and time) back.

Most of the time though, we invest the wrong things in life. We invest our emotions and feelings to a problem, when all we have to do is to invest our time and energy to find the solution.

So far I've been doing this in life. When I come across with a problem, I don't straightaway "feel" the problem. What's left in my head is how do we fix the problem? What can I do *right now* to fix it? What do I have here to fix the problem? Because I feel that time is precious and that we should utilise it as much as possible, in the best way possible. I find it redundant to put my emotions inside it.

I wouldn't lie, it is definitely not easy to do this. Although I don't show my feelings, I do feel annoyed inside when there is a problem. But I bring my mind into focus and I just want to solve the problem. It is definitely not easy because in my 24 years of existence here, I rarely find people who do this. Most of the time people always show their emotions when a problem occurs.

I used to be an angsty bitch too when it comes to meeting problems hah. I would go sulky and urgh meow woof on it. But across the years, not sure if it's thanks to my meditation or something, I realised how much time I have wasted by doing this. We have such a limited time in life and I think we shouldn't waste it on these feelings. I think feelings are weird, they play in your mind too much.

Oh well, just a short thought about this. I'm not a perfect person and I'm still perfecting this new habit. But I think it helps a lot. Especially when you grow up and you face more challenges.

Remember, never be a slave to your emotions.

No comments: