Sunday 26 March 2017

To My Girlfriend


 Disclaimer: I do not have a girlfriend.

I do have my camera which I always regard as my girlfriend hahaha. Anyway yesterday I sold away my DSLR. It's not sold yet as I'm still waiting for the price that the guy is offering me. I'm currently officially camera-less. Never thought this day would come but well here I am now! Wait actually I bought a new camera haha, that's why I sold my previous DSLR. Cause I don't need 2.

More about the new boyfriend soon.

Anyway it's been 5 years since I am using my Sony DSLT A57. It's a great camera for sure, and I really love it. Especially when paired with my 16-50mm F2.8 lens. I traveled to many places with her and we take so many great photos and make so many babies memories together. But nothing lasts forever and I know I have to bid farewell to her and so, yesterday was the day. I'm sad, cause I have so many emotional bonds with her but nevertheless, I think it's better for her to go too.

The reason for selling my DSLR away is really because I rarely shoot nowadays. I have a busy schedule and I only take my camera with me when I travel or when I go out of town. And that's pretty rare too. Like you know I only travel once a year so year heh. Instead of just keeping my camera inside my box and my cupboard, I think it's better to sell it to someone who might use it more than me.

Don't get me wrong, like I said in my previous post, I will never give up photography. It is something I really enjoy doing since probably 10 years or so (although I got my first camera only 7 years ago). And I have a new camera now. It's interchangeable lens camera, Sony too. It's smaller and more practical so I suppose it suits my current life and use more. One lens, one camera! Heh.

Okay anyway here's a special post dedicated to my girlfriend of 5 years!

I can still remember that I decided to get you from IT fair on September 2012. I can still remember that I got it with Vithya. I was researching online about the offers from Sony Booths and I wanted to get the A77 but it was rather too expensive for my budget. So I decided to get you and you're really something that exceeds my expectations. Was kinda thankful that I didn't get the A77 hah.

We went to so many places together. Bali, Thailand, Iceland, Australia, and our latest trip was Tibet. You have captured so many of the beautiful sights that I've seen  and immortalise them. All these experiences and moments that I can never retrieve back. So thank you for that!

And of course not forgetting those days in Singapore where we would just go on dates to random places. Waiting for the sun to set, capturing sunsets and sunrises. I'll never forget those days. This is actually where the concept of "girlfriend" comes along. Because people usually bring their loved ones out for dates but... I bring my camera haha. So yeah, thank you for being such a wonderful girlfriend all these 5 years! I will never forget all these memories we had together.

See I told you I have an emotional bond with my camera. I'm not kidding haha. 

Alright. I will talk to you more about the new camera. Just to let you know it's a Sony A6000! 

That's all for now. Be right back crying thinking of all the great memories that I shared with my girlfriend.

No comments: