Tuesday 27 June 2017

Questions

 Questions

One type of question that I often ask myself, is what ifs. Not in a forceful and regretful way, but I always wonder how different my life would be if I were to do something differently, or if I were to make a different decision. Be it minor or major, because I know ever single decision I made in life has lead me to where I am now. On this day, on this moment, at this table as I'm typing this.

I'm pretty sure all of us have regrets in our lives. And hmm I would say it's rather impossible for someone to live with zero regrets. Because life is too unpredictable, and it's changing too quickly everyday. I am 100% sure that there is nobody in life who has lived a "perfect" life where everything that he/she does goes according to plan all the time. That would be really boring.

I feel it's not about living a regret-free life, but more of how do we handle and react to regrets. You can dwell on them like as if it's gonna bring a change, or you can brush them off your shoulders and move on. Because really, nothing is worst than staying in one spot because of our regrets. 

So yes sometimes I would ask myself "What if I didn't go here... What if I didn't do this..." And so on. Not gonna lie, I often wonder what if I didn't go to Biomedical Science. Cause if I were to know that I'll be dealing with flowers, I'll probably go to Biotech and take plant biology!

But then again whenever I ask myself this "what if" question, I would answer myself with all the things that I would have missed. The wonderful people I met through this journey, the places I've been to, the trips I took and so on and forth. And at the end of the question I would tell myself, meh, nevermind. I don't want to trade any of these with a regret haha. So yeah that's how I learn to brush of my regrets!

Like I've always believed, and mentioned, everything happens for a reason. Everything - the things that we did and did not. The decisions we made and we avoided, and so on and forth. Every single step has lead us here on this day. And even if you are not enjoying what you do today, there's a reason for that too. Sometimes we know the reason quickly, like in a few months time and so on. Sometimes we know them years later. And perhaps, we won't know the reasons at all.

I usually regard this as the unopened gifts in life. And one day we will open these gifts and be surprised too. So as of now, let us all just wait to open the gifts.

I don't think we'll ever live a smooth life. A life so wonderful and so great where everything goes according to plan. So let us all just enjoy the ride in this road ahead of us. Making every decision and celebrating everything that we do and we wonder. Because life is nothing else but a great adventure!

No comments: