Wednesday 28 June 2017

English Letters

Currently obsessed with this new song from Favela! He released it on Soundcloud a few weeks ago but just released it on iTunes last night. This month has been a month of great music releases. From Lorde, to London Grammar, and many other new music I discovered. Lets begin!

Great Music of June:
- Green Light by Lorde
- Perfect Places by Lorde
- All I Can Think About Is You by Coldplay
- Big Picture by London Grammar
- Oh Woman Oh Man by London Grammar
- English Letters by Favela
- You Deserve This by Men I Trust

Song of the month: English Letters by Favela

Lorde released her second album back in 16 June and it's an amazing album! Although to be honest I love Pure Heroine more haha. Okay not sure why but I love the whole feel of Pure Heroine. Maybe it's just because I can't relate a lot to the songs of her second album, as much as her first (I've never been in a relationship heh). But nevertheless I feel it is a well written album, and I can definitely hear and see how Lorde has grown from her first to the second!

London Grammar also released their second album a week before. I haven't received my copy, probably caused the delivery got cut off by the Hari Raya holiday. But I did listen to it from Spotify and I think it is an amazing follow up to their first album "If You Wait". Hannah is such a gifted singer and I really love her voice. I find the soundscape for this album is much wider. But their signature style is still there and it's amazing as usual. I really hope to see them live one day T_T

Coldplay finally released a date for the EP release. They also released a song called All I Think About Is You, which they actually played during their Tokyo show. I love this song because I feel that you can hear every element from their previous albums in this one song and it's pretty cool. I truly love the piano riffs in the middle and the overall flow of the song. Can't wait for Kaleidoscope!

Favela also released another new single from his upcming EP, titled English Letters. He released this song a few weeks ago on Soundcloud but finally on other platforms yesterday! Once again he did it. I love the whole feel of the song and is another of those drive songs. So so stoked for his EP. And Men I Trust also released a new song called You Deserve This. A pretty slow and mellow song, and definitely a song you'll love listening to in the middle of the night, or before sleep.

Alright that's all for the month of June! I still have the London Grammar and Phoenix CD on my way. I hope to receive them as soon as possible! And July is another exciting month for music too with Oh Wonder, Haim and Lucy Rose released their new albums! Particularly excited for Oh Wonder cause all of their leading singles have been fantastic. Alright see you next month for more music! <3

No comments: