Saturday 24 June 2017

Unwind

Today is officially our first day of holiday mwahaha. It's Hari Raya tomorrow and yesterday was the last day of work! As usual it's super quiet since no one is working at the factory. Kinda strange to be surrounded by silence, since we're always surrounded by noise on the other 355 days of the year haha. But anyway, it's a good change I suppose. Silence is a good thing sometimes.

It's a pretty chill day for us. Spent the afternoon sweeping fallen leaves in front of my house with my siblings and nephew. He's so excited about sweeping them haha, good husband material. And then in the evening we went to the farm, and to the temple before making our way home. Today is the first of the 6th Lunar Month, and probably the only time of the year when my dad would go to the temple :P

As usual we have the yearly satay session at night and thanks to my aunt for buying me vegetarian satay! Finally I can join my family to have satay hahaha. Usually I would just sit in one corner and eat other stuff. I can't believe another Hari Raya is here again tomorrow! Time flies, feels like last year's Hari Raya was like err 3 months ago? Well the dates do move forward by 11 days every year.

This year felt relatively empty somehow. I went out with my dad at night again and realised that the roads are emptier as compared to last year. Yes there were motorcycles and the usual bedug procession here and there. But the streets felt "empty". Not sure why, but well the economy wasn't doing too well this year so yeah. It does play a huge role you know. But at least the takbiran spirit is still present! The sounds of the mosques, and seeing the hustle and bustle of the people on the street.

Well I always look forward to this night. The last night of Ramadhan, because I know there's a holiday ahead of me, and I get to rest haha. It's also a time that brings so much reminiscence and sentimentalism of my younger days. And who doesn't like bits of reminiscence.

Oh well, to all Muslims I hope you had a blissful month of Ramadhan! Wishing you a wonderful day ahead tomorrow with your loved ones :) See you soon again!

No comments: