Saturday 29 July 2017

Heartstrings

Right we're nearing the end of July so it's time to share with you some of the great music of this month! So many awesome albums were released in this month so I'm super happy. Some of which I've been expecting a long time mwahaha. Alright lets get right into it.

Great Music of July
- Genesis by Dua Lipa
- Lost in Your Light by Dua Lipa ft Miguel
- Be The One by Dua Lipa
- J-Boy by Phoenix
- Fleur de Lys by Phoenix
- Want You Back by Haim
- You Never Knew by Haim
- Little of Your Love by Haim 
- Long Gone by Phum Viphurit
- Ultralife by Oh Wonder (album)
- Kaleidoscope EP by Coldplay
- English Letters EP by Favela

Song of the month: Urgh so hard to make me choose. But Miracles by Coldplay ft Big Sean!

Alright whew what a long list! But anyway this is because the albums I ordered in June just arrived after the Hari Raya holidays, which is like on the 10th of July-ish. I was quite worried because they took so long, they should be arriving before the holidays. But I suppose the delivery got halted by the holidays.

So many awesome albums! Lets begin with Dua Lipa's debut, which I think is a fantastic album! I love most of the songs from the album. I think she's an awesome singer and I love her music really. I knew she's gonna make it big when I discovered her early last year I think. I hope I can catch her life at WTF17 next month. I am seeing my plans first, I hope everything goes well for the festival.

Phoenix's new album is also a great one! Loving the sounds of the album. Those synths pattern and catchy beats. I think it sounds a bit different than their previous album though. But it's an awesome album nevertheless. And then we have HAIM who released their 2nd album this month! Loving their new album as well. I think they've grown a lot from their first. But The Days We Had, to me, is a great album. Glad to see them growing and jetting off to greater heights. I hope I can see them live :l

And then I discovered Phum Viphurit's Long Gone on YouTube! His video just appeared on my recommended tab as usual and whew I fell in love with both the song and the video haha. I think the music and video aesthetic is so on point. What a talent from Thailand! Hope to see more from him.

Two EPs are released this month from Coldplay and Favela. After a few delays, Coldplay finally released their EP digitally haha. I think it's an awesome EP, feels like a continuation from AHFOD! I really love the direction that Coldplay is going hmm. The Kaleidoscope EP feels like their old materials. It sounds like their whole albums mashed up beautifully. Favourite song would be Miracles for me :)

Favela also released his English Letters EP last week! It was a surprise when I saw it on Facebook haha. It has two new songs Worship and Your Hand On Mine which are so lovely as well. Up till now, I'm still hooked on Nevermore My Temples Leave. It is definitely one of the best songs of the year for me. I am so so excited to hear more new music from him. He's an incredible singer song-writer!

Alright gonna save the best for last. I think my favourite album of 2017 so far is Ultralife by Oh Wonder! It is such wonderful album (pun intended) and I love each song from the album. Don't talk about Ultralife, which has been in my playlist since it's released haha. I fell in love with Oh Wonder 3 years ago when I discovered them on Soundcloud. I discovered them from their song Shark. I could still remember how they would release one song every month, and finally leading up to their debut.

I love their first album but I feel that their second album is much more grander and bigger? I love how they explain the meaning behind each song which really makes me appreciate them more. I feel like their music is always uplifting in one way or another? And I love how they write about daily occurrences. Like their song Solo is about being in a party but everyone is so self-absorbed and the need to come out, be solo and take a breather. And many more. I really love this album. 

Definitely best album of 2017 so far!

I feel that 2017 has been an incredible year for music. So many great releases, so many great albums. Lots of new emerging artists who are so talented as well. Well as of today, all of my anticipated albums have been released haha. And I love all of them! There are still a few upcoming ones like Alvvays new album in September, a new EP from PREP and more music from everyone else. Haha. 

Alright that's all for this incredible month for music. Eager to discover more music in the next 5 months! Come on 2017 you can blow me away again <3

No comments: