Monday 31 July 2017

TIL - 24 Hours

One of the things that made me feel annoyed the most is... When I have to involuntarily waste my time hahaha. Or when things don't go to my way. Well actually come to think of it, nothing will ever go your way. Most of the time, we are the ones that create our own paths. Always remember, nothing is in control! As Timber Hawkeye says in his book Buddhist Bootcamp heh.

Okay so what happened is this. Wednesdays have always been a busy day of the week for me. I have delivery to settle and so on. Last Wednesday was especially busy, because I had to meet a few people. We made a schedule for the meetup at 4 PM. And so I was planning in my head about how my Wednesday will go. And I was hoping (of course) that everything will go smoothly. Because I was meeting someone else at 5. And I hate making people wait, especially when they don't have to.

However, this person came really late. To be exact, 1.5 hours late. He came at 5.30 and I have no idea why. Because of this non-punctuality, everything got ruined because before his schedule, there are a few other people who were meeting us. And hence, all the schedule are being pushed away. I ended up leaving for the farm at 6 plus, reaching there at 7-ish. So yeah, when I was supposed to meet someone at 5, I ended up meeting him at 7. I was so angry urgh. Cause all of these wouldn't have to happen if someone learns to be punctual. I was trying hard to keep cool as I was driving ommmmm.

Okay I'm not an interrogator who went ahead to interview him why he's late and so on. I brushed it off and just went ahead with my day, feeling rather annoyed though. Maybe he has something cropped up at the last minute. No one knows right. But yes this is where I don't like it - because I ended up wasting my time, when I didn't have to actually do so! But I will always remind myself, nothing is in control.

Last year I have learned to redefine my definition of living life to the fullest. I have decided to do so by living my day to the fullest. Each day. I want to live the 24 hours of my day to the fullest. I want to do work when I have to. I want to rest when I am resting. I want to savour every food that I am eating. I want to mindfully waste my time when I decided to. Get what I mean?

So yes when I have to "sacrifice" my time when I don't have to, caused by an external factor, I feel rather annoyed. Maybe I need to learn how to also live my "involuntarily wasted time" to the fullest. 

That's all for this month's TIL. Live your life to the fullest people. You only have 24 hours in a day, and you only have one life to live. Don't waste them away!

No comments: