Friday 15 December 2017

Earthquake

Super random post but I just experienced probably the biggest quake I felt! Was doing work with my dad at 11:45 PM just now when I felt myself shaking. We both knew that it was an earthquake but we just ignored it. Then it grew bigger and I had to wake my mum up and we both ran out of the house heh. It was 6.5 on the Richter Scale! Although the epicentre is very far from my hometown, the shaking was long and pretty huge. Kinda terrifying to experience that.

Well we live on a terrifyingly beautiful planet. Quakes happen everywhere around the world everyday. Sometimes it's huge like today. I'm hoping that there won't be huge damages done in towns near the epicentre. And also thankfully the tsunami warning was lifted just now.

Indonesia lies on the pacific ring of fire. So we're kinda prone to quakes. I was just worried because the 2004 earthquake at Aceh is very terrifying. Although we were not affected here, the videos showing the devastation of the quake and tsunami is very very terrifying. I wish it won't happen anywhere else again. Earth is an amazing planet. But a powerful one too.

No comments: