Thursday 7 December 2017

Transient Wind

Two nights ago, I received a call from one of our workers, telling me that he needed to go back home (out of town) because his son just passed away. I was feeling really shocked to hear the news, because it was all too sudden. I mean we were just talking normally before this and then a few hours later, I received that news from him. I sent him our condolences and he left for his home.

I used to feel "scared" when I hear the news of someone's passing. And I always feel shocked and sad too. But now that I kinda learned about life, I also felt a bit of closure to the passing individual. And realised there's no need to feel scared. After all, death is our destination. We are all heading there.

Of course like I said once, I don't feel the same when it comes to murders and wars. Because I will never understand the reason why people hurt and kill one another.

So nowadays, when I received the news of someone's passing, yes I will feel sad. But I also accept it, and let it go, reminding myself that this is what life is. A very short moment that seems to last an eternity. Or like the Buddha said, it's as transient as the autumn wind.

May you rest in peace.

No comments: