Friday 22 December 2017

Happy Winter Solstice!

 Happy Belated Birthday Stefan!
Presenting my handsome nephews and cute niece

It's the 22nd of December today which means it's Winter Solstice! So happy winter solstice everyone, I hope you had some tang yuans today! I had some myself and they taste really good. I'll talk more about my creation for 2k17 later on haha. I feel quite sad this year because yesterday I didn't have the chance to help my mum make the tang yuans! Had lots of work to do so.. Yes.

Also yesterday was Stefan's birthday so happy belated birthday to you! Had a mini celebration for him with my parents and aunt. Can't believe he's one now. Feels like he's just born 3 months ago or something heh. I hope you grow into a healthy and wise young man! :D

Anyway yes as I was saying, I didn't have the chance to make tang yuans with my mum yesterday. I wanted to but there was calculations to be done. And it was rather late so I went ahead to do them. Although I did manage to make some for myself later that night after dinner.

I was just talking with my parents about two nights ago regarding how long more will people uphold this tradition of making tang yuans. I mean even nowadays lesser and lesser people are making them. They just simply buy pre-made ones where they can just boil and eat. There's nothing wrong with that of course, I mean they're still celebrating the winter solstice right.

My parents were saying they're not sure if my generation will continue this hahaha. Well for me, I will. Because I am someone who believes in upholding traditions and its importance! I think traditions are something that gives us human, an identity. So if we don't uphold them, we're going to lose our identity slowly and slowly. And then it's just going to quietly disappear.

I can't help but feel guilty yesterday for not helping my mum. I hope to do so next year!

Anyway now let me show you about my tang yuan creation 2k17!


This year I made two version. One is tang yuan with honey butter almonds filling haha. And the other is the most expensive one I've made - tang yuan with royce chocolate filling mwahaha. It is so so good oh my goodness. I think I'm going to consider making chocolate-filled tang yuan from now onwards haha. They both taste really good! Stay tuned for 2k18 one heh.

Alright this is just a random post in this rather chilly winter solstice day! Hope you had a great one too. And oh my goodness it's just 9 more days to the end of 2017. Gonna blog a lot about my thoughts regarding this year! I have a lot to talk about. Alright see ya soon :)

No comments: