Friday 12 January 2018

Habits Change

As mentioned previously in my previous post, I don't have resolutions for this year yet. However, every year I will always do one thing - change of habits! Well not sure if you can call it "new habits". But I like to change my habits, not so good ones, or just shift them around to make my day better I guess? Like for example last year I changed my habit of pushing work into last minute, and just doing things whenever I have the time, and finish them! So far it's been effective.

This year I'm planning to change my timings a bit. Okay here's a really random sharing.

So usually I would finish work (calculations, bank stuff etc) by 2 AM every night. I would then return to my room to chant, and then bathe, and then do more work (usually just small stuffs like printing things etc). I would then go cook dinner with my mum, have dinner and be finished at around 3 - 3:30 AM ish. After which I would return to my room to meditate, and then from then on, it's my free time where I would blog/YouTube/read articles etc. Pretty hectic huh!

And in this seemingly-long-but-actually-tiny time slot, everything feels very rushed to me. I don't really feel at peace and calm when I'm chanting cause I know at the back of my head that I still have stuff to do, and I have to cook too. Sometimes I would bathe at about 12 AM-ish so that I have time for chanting later on, and I wouldn't feel so rushed. But as the new year begins, I realised I've been getting busier that I won't have the chance to bathe at 12 AM hah.

So I decided to change my timing!

I decided to chant when I wake up now. Giving me more time to do work before dinner mwahaha. Well I'm currently starting to change my habits and it's rather a challenging thing to do. Firstly, it's hard for me to get out of my bed. Also I ended up going back to sleep and waking up late hahaha. But I've been mindfully asking myself to wake up and things are going well so far.

If I woke up late, I would shift my chanting on a later time. So basically I don't chant before dinner. And so far the results have been quite interesting. I feel more "relaxed" at night and I don't like I'm in a rush. I just need to discipline myself and wake up more quickly I guess!

In 2016 I learned about making full use of our day. And from this experience, I realised that the 24 hours we have in a day is... Pretty short. Some people claim that 24 hours in a day is not enough, while some wish it was shorter (yes I met such people once). But if you use these 24 hours well, a day may seem like two! Sometimes we're just unaware of the time we wasted. And yes I'm guilty of that haha. But well nowadays I'm becoming less procrastinating haha.

Alright this is just a random post. I still haven't think of any resolutions so far! Whoops. I hope the first two weeks of 2018 have been good for you. Just 50 more to go to the new year hahaha.

No comments: