Thursday 25 January 2018

I See You

 Thank you for coming to Jakarta! <3

Hello! Sorry for not blogging for a long time, lots of thing happened and I've been quite busy too! Also I just returned from Jakarta yesterday, after catching The xx live in Jakarta for their I See You tour! I've been wanting to see them live and I am thankful for the opportunity three nights ago :D Also I went to catch them with Chris whom I haven't met in two years weeee. Good to see you again!

Anyway I went to Jakarta on Tuesday morning. Went to the airport first to fetch my brother in law's mum who came here again to see her grandson mwahaha. I went to the airport first before parting ways with them to JIExpo Kemayoran, which is the concert venue. Met with Chris straight away there as well. It's been two years since we both last met and had a great time catching up with her over pizza at the venue, and of course spending the night at the concert! :D

 It's been two years!

Two local acts opened for them, Kimokal followed by Elephant Kind. Haven't heard of Elephant Kind before (heard of their name before tho) and they're really good! Also Kimokal is amazing live as well. There was a slight delay but man, everything was so awesome when the xx came on stage! Intro got everyone hyped up and the rest of the night was just electrifying.

Okay not gonna go in details about everything but I really love the energy during the concert. You can just feel the chemistry between the three of them on stage. Although the three of them are "separated", with Jamie at the Deck, Oliver on bass and Romy on guitar, you can just feel that the three of them share a deep intimate connection throughout the night. It's amazing!

 "I'll put on a performance, I'll put on a brave face" :(

There are a few highlights of the night! Romy's solo during Performance is just so so... Heartbreaking? Performance is one of my favourite songs from their new album and to hear Romy singing it solo is really oh so... Sad. We love you Romy! And then the crowd break into a choir during I Dare You, which I find really goosebump-inducing! Indonesian crowd won't disappoint.

The live remix of Shelter is also amazing, and everyone just had a great time dancing on the concert hall mwahaha. But for me personally, the best moment of the night was dancing to Loud Places. I'm really obsessed with this song and to hear it live is just so so incredible! Had fun dancing during the chorus with everyone else. Definitely a great moment of the year for sure.

 Loud Places

Well thank you so much Romy, Jamie and Oliver for coming to Jakarta! We've been waiting for you and we definitely had fun together with you on that wonderful Tuesday night. I hope you will come see us again. After that I sent Chris home and I went back to the hotel, before returning back home the next day via train from Bogor. It was a short but definitely amazing trip!

 Thank you!

Before I end this post, I wanna share what Oliver said on stage. He said something like this:

"The thing about our concert is that I want you to take this chance to leave all the pain and sadness you have away at home. And come here to have fun with us"

It was just what I needed to hear. I was having quite a rough week before that and was looking forward to this concert to forget life for a little while. Music has always been my escape. It is the only thing that allows me to leave this world behind without the need of physically doing so.

So thank you very much The xx! Hope to see you again soon here in Indonesia! :)

No comments: