Wednesday 31 January 2018

Should Have Known

Oh man, just realised that I won't hit my target of posting 10 posts a month in January! What a great way to start 2018 haha. But no fret, I have a few posts to write actually so I might just push it to February instead. Not gonna lie it's been a really hectic week so far. Also I was sick on Monday urgh. So I spent my nights resting and sleeping, didn't even touch my laptop after dinner heh.

Alright anyway I'm just gonna close off this month with as usual, the great music of January! Another year is upon us and I suppose January has been a really great month of discovery!

Great Music of January:
- Should Have Known by Still Parade
- Fields by Still Parade
- Ojai by Young and Sick
- My my my! by Troye Sivan
- Hollow by Katz ft Charlie Lim
- How It Is by Majik

Song of the month: Hollow by Katz ft Charlie Lim

2018 started off well music wise cause I discovered four new artists! They are Still Parade, Young and Sick, Majik and Katz. The first three, as usual, I discovered through Majestic Casual on YouTube heh. I discovered Majik through WOGN if I'm not wrong. Katz was discovered through Charlie Lim, who shared the video of the song on Twitter and I'm hooked!

I really love the sounds of Still Parade. The instrumentation of his music is really good, and also his voice is very unique. Reminds me of 80s music sort of, which are the sounds I'm looking for. Should Have Known is taken from his latest EP and it's my favourite song so far. I love the energy of Young and Sick in his song Ojai! Love the beat and the piano riffs which really just puts you in a good mood hoho. He also has a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams, which is nice too.

Majik's How It Is on the other hand is a more deep and mellow song. I love his deep voice that kinda complements the whole song and beats really well. As for Katz I love the song and Charles' voice! Pretty excited to hear more new music from him. Been putting it on repeat throughout January.

And yes Troye Sivan is back with a new song from his upcoming album! My my my is an instant bop and man I love the music video too. Troye's dancing is just pretty cool haha. Definitely a good song to dance to and I really hope he'll come to Indonesia one day! Must be a great experience to hear the song live and dance along with him weee. So yes please come to Jakarta Troye!

I just received First Aid Kit's new album Ruins on vinyl but I've yet to listen to it! Gonna spin it later on the weekend. Gave it a listen on Spotify and damn it's quite an emotional and great album I guess! Also I received Mesita's double vinyl for his Living/Breathing EP and Here's to Nowhere. I love both albums and I'm glad I have it! <3 Gonna give these albums a spin later on the week.

Alright that's all for now. I hope I can keep up with the posts on February. January has been pretty busy and also thanks to the stupid sore throat and fever that I had on Monday, couldn't blog a lot in this month. But it's okay my goal is to actually post 100 posts in a year, though my target is 10 in a month. We'll see, blogging is not a competition haha. Alright see you! :)

No comments: