Sunday 17 June 2018

Being Here

Hello! It's umm day 5 of holiday and... I'm bored haha. Although to be honest I've been enjoying these days! Cause I have nothing to do. I feel kinda productive this holiday though, and whatever I was planning to do during the holiday has been done haha. Quite surprised cause you know, I'm quite a procrastinator. I usually leave things to the end and then do it. Then regret it HAHA.

I suppose I've learned to manage my time well now I guess :P

Anyway this post is sort of an extension of my previous post. So as I said previously how during normal work days, we usually wish it's the holidays. But during holidays, when we spend a few days with nothing to do, we don't know what to do and wish we have some work to be done haha. Well it kinda made me think and realise that.. We never really feel this way when we were young!

I mean when I was young, I really enjoy the holiday. It was a time where I feel like a rebel, because there's no homework and I can do whatever I want. I can sleep as late as possible (although my mum will scold me heh), and I will play till I drop dead tired in the day hah. And of course when it's the last day of holiday I feel sulky and sad, and wish the holiday would be longer.

So I can't help but to wonder why we don't share the same sentiment as we grow up now. Then I'm reminded by the words of John Koenig, from his video for "zenosyne" - the sense that times keeps going faster. It says: "You get used to living in the moment, because there's nowhere else to go. But soon enough, life begins to move, and you learn to move with it."

I love the first sentence of living in the moment because we have nowhere else to go. And I think this is the exact reason to my question above. When we were young, we have less things to worry about in life. So the holiday was that time-space we have where we can truly enjoy every moment with nothing to worry about (back in those days: school and homework and tests).

But as we grow older, we know that even though we're on a holiday, we know we're going back to work. And whatever unfinished business we have prior to the holiday is going to "return" to us as we finish the holiday. So in a way, we have begun worrying before things happen heh, because we just know it! It's kind of the same as my poly holidays. Even though I have a long holiday after every academic year, I know the next year is going to get tougher so I kinda begun pondering about it during the holiday.

Especially from year 2 to year 3, cause I'm "excited" about internship lol!

Well I'm still teaching myself how to live in the moment. Because being in the moment, or the ability to live life this way, is the only way you can live "forever". Where you can feel happy for as long as you want, and sad/upset for as short as you want. It's a wonderful freedom you can feel!

Alright that's all for now. Still got a few things to talk about so I'll see you soon again! We're currently left with 7 more days to the end of the holiday, even though a few of my workers are going back earlier for work. And that we have flower delivery on Wednesday as usual. Lets enjoy it! :)

No comments: