Wednesday 27 June 2018

New laptop, who dis?

Hello hello hello! Can't believe that I'm currently blogging on my new laptop mwahaha. I bought a new laptop on Sunday actually, but there was a problem with it and I had to send it for repair on Tuesday heh, it's only like 36 hours old! So far I'm just downloading the things I need to make the usage of this laptop enjoyable. Like iTunes, which I just finished downloading and transferring the new library and stuff. And I'm currently downloading Google Drive so that I can do work.

Oh and the reason why I decided to get a new laptop is that... My previous laptop has been acting weird in this month. For example in last week alone, it fell onto a black screen 3 times when I turned it on, saying that there's something wrong with the drive. And also the drive has been making weird noises lately. Usually it doesn't happen often (the noise), but recently it is happening a lot. Also what's terrifying was during the holiday, it went into blue screen twice, saying that my hard drive was undetectable?! And then the scariest part was, I almost pressed "reboot drive" :O

I didn't know that setting up a new laptop that runs on Windows 10 is this troublesome heh. Well maybe this is the first time that I'm setting up a new laptop. My previous laptop was set up by the IT people in SP when I bought it (actually it was Weilun haha). They installed everything I need from office and so on. All I did was go home and just start using it. Now I gotta transfer the new data and stuff. 

Which I have thankfully learn how to organise and minimalise.

Eight years of owning a laptop and a gazillion of data, I've been learning how to "let things go" and just stick with what I truly need. Which is essentially music and photos from my recent travels heh. Afterall, 8 years of memories are stored inside my previous laptop. Photos from my poly days and so on. Well I have them inside my external hard drive so no worries. More space in this new lappy I guess.

I'm learning how to organise my documents well and so on. I'm quite a messy person for digital file keeping heh. Except for photos, I found a great way to organise them :D

Anyway I'm also trying to make my fingers familiarise with the laptop keyboard. It's pretty different from the previous laptop. Oh by the way I bought another Lenovo laptop! Cause I think Lenovo is a good brand, so I decided to stick with the same brand. Although the keyboard is different, typing here feels a bit familiar with my previous laptop. Just that I mis-typed lots of words now hah.

Today was a holiday here in Indonesia because we have an election. I took part in this 2nd election of mine, to choose the head of province (West Java for me) and the mayor of my hometown. The head of province I am rooting for won the election, but sadly not for the mayor. Oh well let us all move forward together for the next five years! I hope everything will be awesome for everyone.

I don't really like talking about politics cause not only do I not understand a lot about it, but also it bring a lot of conflict and unhappiness heh. So I always try to avoid it.

Alright that's all for now. Gonna head to bed! Hopefully I can familiarise myself with the new laptop more in the next coming of days. See you soon, have a great remaining last week of June :)

No comments: