Wednesday 20 June 2018

Blooming Flower


"You can't stop a flower from blooming, as much as you can't stop life from unraveling what it has in store for you. So be brave, have faith and keep going. Cause you can't stop the flower from blooming."

I cam up with these words last night! Right before I sleep haha. Well I was inspired by what happened for the Hari Raya harvest actually. Something that gave me anxiety has managed to give me a huge inspiration about life haha. Well, flowers are amazing aren't they!

Anyway the story goes this way. So as I mentioned, the flowers for the Hari Raya harvest were actually blooming way earlier that we were planning them to. To be exact, some of them bloomed 20 days before the harvest. TWENTY! Usually we "miss" the harvest time by a week, that was the record time. This time round it was 20 days. Of course we were all feeling worried and anxious.

I remember on the 27th of May, I was feeling really sad and angry? Like I didn't expect this to happen, and I was just worried that we don't have flowers for the harvest. But to be honest no matter how much I feel angry and upset at the flowers, nothing can change the fact that they are already blooming. 

And like I write above: Nothing can stop them either.

And this statement kind of made me feel calmer a bit, and just let things go. I mean really, what else can we do right. Even my anger/sadness can't change the situation heh. So I just let it go and just see how things will be. As expected, the flowers (which were supposedly for the Hari Raya harvest) continued to bloom and we were just harvesting them one by one to be sold.

But that weekend before the harvest (8-10 June), surprise surprise, the flowers which are supposed to be harvested after Hari Raya began to bloom! And also, we have no choice but to harvest them because if not they won't make it through the holiday heh. So in another miraculous turn, we have enough flowers for the big harvest. In fact this is our most successful one to date!

We learned a lot of lessons in this experience, and we'll definitely know what to do next year. So I realised that the flowers for the Hari Raya harvest were planted in a newly built greenhouse. The UV roofing is new, the soil is new and everything is new. So naturally, the flowers grow faster. This is a new lesson we learn this year so we have some notes to take next year! :P

Anyway this whole situation has also taught me a very valuable lesson in life. That you can't stop anything that is going to happen in life. And life is lived best when we can brave the storm and embrace all the things that are unfolding and unraveling in life. This can be summed in a rule that I personally believe, that everything happens for a reason. Everything in life, even if you don't want them to happen.

You can't stop your destiny for taking shape in your own life. You can't stop karma for taking place in life. Which is why it's important that we need to be brave and to have faith. And to keep going! Embrace everything with an open heart and an open mind. Nothing can hurt you and nothing can delude you.

Ah well once again the flowers have taught me a beautiful lesson in life. I love flowers. To me they are a symbol to many things in life. Impermanence, the universe, perseverance, patience and many more. There are so many things we can learn from them. And I'm excited to learn more.

You can't stop the flower from blooming.

No comments: