Friday 21 December 2018

Lamun Ombak

Rajakelana

Currently blogging while spinning the wonderful album from Mondo Gascaro, "Rajakelana"! Even though the album was released back in 2016, it is released on vinyl for Japan Record Store Day last month and thankfully Om Mondo brought some back for sale in Indonesia. Actually I asked him if there's plans to release the album in vinyl a year ago and he said yes! So I was very excited and I've been anticipating the vinyl release. Here it is now, and it's sounding real good.

Rajakelana is one of my top albums of 2016. And definitely one of my favourite Indonesian albums. It's rare to find a songwriter like Mondo these days here in Indonesia. The lyrics from this album is so eloquent, poetic and beautiful. Especially Lamun Ombak and Sanubari!

It's... 10 more days to the end of 2018. Couldn't have asked for a better album to chill to during this time of the year. Well not sure why I haven't gone into that "reflective" mood of the year. Perhaps I've been really busy with work the past week. Always have stuff to do at night.

And I'm going to have quite an exciting weekend too cause I'll be going to Bandung on Sunday for Mel's wedding! We're also going to have a long ass weekend heh. Monday is officially a public holiday and Tuesday is Christmas. Then next week will be New Year's day. Damn, time flies.

Well I've got a couple of posts to do so yes I will write again tomorrow night I guess.

See you soon, gonna go and enjoy some music now.

No comments: