Saturday 29 December 2018

Streamy Spotify II

Featuring my favourite album of 2018: Community by Favela!

One of the most life changing things I've done this year... Is to actually switch to Spotify for my music listening experience haha. Well I would say it's quite an achievement because come to think of it I was actually quite against music streaming services haha. Well I just don't like the idea of requiring internet to listen to music, because I believe that music doesn't need internet to be played!

But alas everything changed when I discovered that you can download your music on Spotify Premium haha. So yes, do your research before hating something heh. And yup so far my experience in Spotify has been amazing. I think streaming music is truly a revolutionary thing to happen. It changes a lot of thing about music. How we enjoy them, how we listen and how we "interact" with it.

Although I did also read how streaming music doesn't really benefit the artist (or something along those line), and that purchasing an album/going to gigs is still the best way you can do to support an artist. But as the years go by, more and more artist are on the streaming wagon. Some of my favourite artists only put their music on digital formats, so yeah hopefully things will work out better!

One of the most life-changing moment for me, for Spotify, was when I get this new laptop of mine. So after getting a new laptop, I was downloading iTunes and also transferring the old datas from my external hard drive. It was also when I decided to try Spotify and I eventually come to a realisation that with digital streaming, I don't have to worry about my old data. All of my songs are already saved in my library. Booms! That was a very cool discovery to be made hah.

Anyway I'm going to continue to use Spotify. But I'm also considering to give Apple Music a try. Cause there are still some of my favourite music that are not available on Spotify. But I think I can play them on my iPod while still being connected to Apple Music. So we'll see.

And as always, I will never stop collecting physical formats!

No comments: