Sunday 3 March 2019

Death and All His Friends

I think one of the most terrifyingly beautiful things about life, is the fact that we don't know when will be the last time that we'll be seeing each other. I came across this thought because a week ago, I lost my uncle. Even though I was not close to him, it felt pretty surreal to think that this year's CNY would be the last time that I would see him. About a month ago. I wished him a happy CNY and on Friday, I went to his wake with my cousins. It's quite surreal and shocking. But hey, it's life.

Back to my first point, I think it is terrifying because it reminds me of life's fragility and unpredictability. But at the same time, it is beautiful because it reminds me of the limited time we have in this life. The limited time we have on this planet, this world, with everything we have experienced.

Don't you find it captivating how we all live in a world, a place, in a limited time, with all of these different beliefs, cultures, traditions and even conspiracy theories? And then poof, everything comes to an end. Perhaps we will see our life rewind as we are about to leave it behind. Perhaps we will see each other again in the after life, the next life, or another life. Or maybe we won't.

Well, rest in peace uncle.

No comments: