Saturday 30 March 2019

Veil and clay

I recently finished reading "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran, and I think it is one of the most beautiful pieces of literature that I've ever read! I really wish I can memorise the whole book or something.

Anyway, I just want to share you probably my favourite passage in the book. It's from the last chapter:

"The veil that clouds your eyes shall be lifted by the hands that wove it.
The clay that fills your ears shall be pierced by the fingers that kneaded it.
And you shall see.
And you shall hear.
Yet you shall not deplore having known blindness, nor regret being deaf.
For in that day you shall know the hidden purpose in all things.
And you shall bless darkness as you would bless light."

This is so so beautiful. I will remember these words forever.

No comments: