Friday 22 March 2019

Return of Lighthouse Family!


So last week I think, I found out that Lighthouse Family's FB page uploaded a new photo of Tunde and Paul, along with a cover photo that says exciting news coming soon. I was so so excited! Haha. They just released a new song called "My Salvation" today and I was really happy to hear it. I think the song is so-Lighthouse Family haha. Though the video is made up of their past videos, I still think it's a really cool video to an awesome song. And they're releasing a new album in May too!

I think it's quite miraculous and co-incidental how I was (somehow) listening to their songs a lot the past few months, and I thought to myself what an incredible thing it will be if they decided to make new songs again. And boom, here we are now! Haha. Even though I first listened to them back about 20 years ago, I still occasionally listen to their songs throughout my life. There really is something about their songs that make me truly enjoy listening to. Perhaps it was the longing to a simpler and happier times, or perhaps they're just really good. Or both, as always.

Anyway LF is a 90s band that is close to my heart. Because I discovered their songs from my sister, during those years where I was leaving for Singapore to study. So unlike the other bands, where I just "blindly" sing and enjoy their songs (without knowing the meaning haha), I listened to LF songs when I was studying English and thus, understanding and enjoying the lyrics! The first song I listened from them was "High". And it's still, in my opinion, one of the best songs ever!

"Whatever Gets You Through The Day" was the first album that I listened from them. I remember listening to it on CD, on my sis' Discman! Haha. It was only after that when they released their compilation album of their best songs that I discovered the rest of their songs. Ocean Drive, Goodbye Heartbreak, Lifted, Postcards From Heaven became my favourite then. Man, good old days!

I'm very excited for their new album. I've always felt how awesome it is to be able to return to the 90s. We can't do that, obviously. But having bands like LF releasing new songs really make me feel like a piece of the 90s are returning to the present. So yep, very excited for "Blue Sky In Your Head"!

Alright that's all for this short random post. It's been quite a busy week this week, I just returned from Jakarta on Wednesday to do some shopping for the kitchen appliances shop. Alright catch you later :)

No comments: