Sunday 30 March 2014

Marched

 
I feel that March is a month that went by pretty pretty slowly somehow. Although ironically at the same time, I'm feeling surprised to realise that it's the end of the month and that April is coming soon. Real soon. Was doing work when I realised that well, May is coming in a month's time. Time did fly, but somehow I feel that it went by kinda slower in March.

I suppose it is very easy to lose track of time when you're working. Having a routine made you forget about time - about how it went by so quick and how it feels like forever. In school we keep track of time due to assignments and tests but when you work, everyday is kinda the same thing so yeah, you lose track of time pretty easily.

And it is also easy to lose your passion when you work, which is something I fear the most in life. That's why I prevent it by doing the things that I love everyday, although it's only for a while. That's why I have project365 and also I try to play the piano everyday when I have the time. I try to blog and write, and something I always do is to listen to music.

Always remind yourself everyday to what you're passionate about. If not, one day you won't remember what you once loved doing, as life's routine engulfed you.

I think having a passion is really a privilege. Something that not everyone has. And I think it is even luckier if you can do what you're passionate about everyday, and you will be the luckiest and happiest person if your passion becomes your full-time job. It's like doing it everyday till you grow old, and at the same time you gain something to make a living too!

Having a passion is like listening to your favourite music/band. You know, the indescribable feeling you get when you listen to them. And there are a few others who are like you in this world and it makes you happy to talk with people who enjoy the music that you enjoy too!

Okay talking about music I think I shall update my music discoveries of this month! :D

Great music of March:
- Years by Alesso feat Matthew Koma
- Future Days by L'alphalpha
- Gema by L'alphalpha
- Terang dan Tenang by L'alphalpha
- Transmutasi by Homogenic
- Utopia by Homogenic
- The Mother We Share by Chvrches (Moonboots Remix)
- A lot of Carpenters songs

L'alphalpha is an Indie-pop band from Indonesia. I came across them watching their cover of Vid Spillum Endalaust by Sigur Ros on Youtube. Just discovered recently that they have released an album (Von Stufe Zu Stufe) and I purchased it. Very nice album with lovely songs. My favourie would be Future Days because that song just gives me so much hope for the future and the present! I listen to it every morning after I wake up haha.

Homogenic is an electronic/dance band from Indonesia as well. I discovered them recently when they've been active for quite a long time (not sure if they are still!). I heard Transmutasi at the local cafe and I asked the cashier what's the title of the song playing and he gave me the title and yay I fell in love with Homogenic from then! Heh.

I bought the Ultimate Carpenters compilation album and it brought me so much memories! So say yes to bringing back the old days! :)

Alright shall stop here for now. Here's to more awesome music discovery next month, and so on!

No comments: