Sunday 9 March 2014

Who would have thought

 5 years ago 
who knew we could land at where we are now?

Yesterday there was a 50th anniversary carnival at my secondary school, Tanglin sec and... Of course I couldn't be there, as I'm a thousand kilometres down south haha. So I was just scrolling through the photos that my friends took and shared on Instagram and Facebook. The carnival seems like a great success looking at the photos, so kudos to those who organised and went for it! I really wish I could be there but I couldn't so nevermind.

But anyway seeing all these photos made me really reminiscent about my secondary school life. It was definitely the highlight of my youth and at the end of the day I didn't regret joining Tanglin at all. Although it was my third choice actually HAHAHA. But well, the friends I made there and the teachers who taught me made the experience really unforgettable. If I didn't go to Tanglin my life would be so so so different right now! I won't be me today.

So I was digging through the old photos that I took, which I sadly lost because it was in my PC back in Singapore and it's not pretty much not working at all. All the photos I took with my trusty Nokia N82 are all gone... So that's pretty sad. But I did upload them on Facebook and my blog so I still have some of them, thankfully (whew).

I stared at the photo of my graduating class, 4E1'09, which was taken 5 years ago. And I realised and ponder to myself, that back then, who knew we could land at where we are now? Some of us are now in university, doing sociology, philosophy, pharmacy, engineering, business, tourism and more. Most of the boys are in NS now, with some already ORD-ed. Some started working at the dentistry industry and like me, I'm back home.

The photo was taken a few months before O Levels and I can still remember how clueless we are back then. We're still confused on which path to take and whether the papers themselves will be difficult or not. But now 5 years later, well like I said above,

who knew we could land at where we are now?

No comments: