Friday 14 March 2014

Musique

Hello, anyway I've been having thoughts about this plan I'm going to announce next (feels like I'm some big artist announcing something haha). But anyway, inspired by the Youtube channel The Needle Drop, which is owned by Anthony Fantano who's an awesome guy that does reviews of music! I've been subscribing him since like a year ago I think and it is through him that I know great music. So thank you Anthony Fantano! The internet busiest music nerd as he likes to call it.

Anyway yes my plan starting from this year is to sort of do a music update on the great music I discover along the way. I did that already personally, because I always make a new playlist for each month in iTunes and also for my iPod. And I keep these playlists in iTunes where at the end of the year I can "keep track" on the awesome music which I discovered for that particular year. And since sharing is caring I shall post the great music I found here then? :)

And since I didn't do this for January and February I will post them here too! :)

PS: Some songs are discovered way back in 2013. Just that I purchased them this year or something.

Great music of January:
- Steinnun by Boogie Trouble
- Step Out by Jose Gonzales (Walter Mitty OST)
- Stay Alive by Jose Gonzales
- Always Gold by Radical Face

Great music of February:
- Alang alang by Tiga pagi
- Erika by Tiga pagi
- S(m)unda by Tiga pagi
- Tangan Hampa Kaki Telanjang by Tiga pagi
- Together We Are by Arty
- Dare you by Hardwell  feat. Matthew Koma
- Ribs by Lorde
- Team by Lorde

Great music of March will be done at the end of the month haha. I know some of these songs are discovered "late" like for example Lorde. I only know her from Royals and I decided not to get the album till I was in Singapore. Didn't have the time to shop for albums when I was back in January so I got her album in February during the EOTS concert and oh boy I love her more! Great songs indeed and two of the above are my favorite.

Tiga pagi is a band from Indonesia which I discovered through a Youtube series malesbangedotcom haha which features traveling around Indonesia with the host Jebraw. Their song, "Alang Alang" was used and I really love it. I love how they kinda mix Indonesian folk music with a touch of pop with beautiful melodies and lyrics. Lovely band indeed. Bought their physical album.

And I'm kind of into House music nowadays haha no idea why. Well my rule to music is just if it's nice I'll love it. I don't have a particular genre to LOVE although I'm a fan of Indie music. And post-rock. And for the past year I've been into electronic and synth-pop. I love how they can be so simple and beautiful at the same time so yeah :)

Well not sure if I should be happy or sad that I can't seem to appreciate the music of Indonesia today. Or I mean... The "mainstream" ones heh. I love those unknown bands in Indonesia which in my opinion deserve more ears to be heard! Well or maybe, it's just because of my taste in music that is different from most people. But I still believe these bands could get more views because they're really talented! Wishing all the best to them.

Alright gonna stop here now. I will update my playlist again for March soon! See you.

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

hi Adhi! thanks for intro-ing to jose gonzalez he has really nice songs. oh, have u heard of his band called junip? check them out!

Adhi S said...

Hey Syaz! No problem! Love his songs too, thanks to Walter Mitty haha. Yep heard of Junip, great band indeed :D