Sunday 7 September 2014

Choice

So I was watching "The Devil Wears Prada" last night when I came across the scene where Miranda was "confronting" Andrea about her action towards Emily. How she could have just refused the offer of going to Paris and gave it to Emily, as she knew what Paris meant for her. And then Andrea rebutted by saying that she doesn't have a choice, and Miranda told her off that she did have a choice. Realising she does have a choice, Andrea walked off from the show and threw her phone into the fountain as she walked away, realising she is going to leave her job.

So sometimes I ask the same question to myself.

Do I have a choice?

And the inner voice within me told me yes, you do have a choice. 

But then another voice said within me, like as if you have a choice.

I suppose in life we have a lot of choices to make. Some choices, we make because we have to. Some choices, are unsure of what to make of it, but we still need to choose one. Sometimes we all think, well this is my life and I can choose whatever choices I can make, whatever choices I want to make. But we all know deeply that this is not as easy as it seems.

Because we live with other people, we share this world with others and it feels pretty difficult to make some choices. We can't argue and we can't refuse the fact that we live among other people. And that most of the time the choices we make will affect others.

And I'm currently being torn between two roads, one road that says I do have a choice and another that tells me like as if I have a choice.

No comments: