Sunday 28 September 2014

Give Peace A Chance?

 Give peace a chance

When I was in primary school, I took part in a drawing competition themed "Give Peace A Chance". So I seeked my sister for help and she helped me with the idea. But I drew and coloured the whole thing of course. Come to think of it, that's a difficult theme for primary school kids heh.

So I drew people of different nationalities on the right side of my paper, releasing doves from cages, and beside them is a rubbish bin filled with nukes and guns. On the left, a big dove giving planet earth a big olive twig. Come to think of it I think that's a pretty cool drawing. It's kind of like the people of the world working together, trying to bring peace (the big ass olive twig) back to the world.

But now as I read through the news and scroll through my timeline, it feels like world war three is brewing. News of bombings, countries joining forces etc. I don't know. As a history student it really feels like a war is starting soon. Of course I never hope, in fact I prayed that the world will be war-free. I don't see the point of war. Innocent people die, because someone wants to be better than the other?

How can we ever give peace a chance if we are all engulfed by our own egos?

Dear world, I really hope things will get better. It's just saddening to read all these news. So saddening that at times my heart can't bear with it. You know whenever I see a shooting star, my first wish is "world peace". But then again someone, somewhere in this world, is wishing for domination when he/she sees a shooting star. So yeah, my wish will get cancelled, if you know what I mean.

Lets all pray for peace around the world. For the safety and well-being of others.

Sabbe sata bhavantu sukhitatta - May all living beings be happy.

No comments: