Tuesday 30 September 2014

September

In the blink of an eye, September just gone by like that. I don't know why but I've always felt that September is a month that always goes by quickly. It's that month of the year, just like February. And also, somehow I always feel that if you've survived these 9 months, the next three months are just going to breeze by. Well that's my experience so far in life.

September has been quite a busy month. I don't know why but yeah I feel that there's a lot of things going on and I don't know why. Business wise, we've an increase in sales and that's awesome I suppose. I hope the next month is going to be great as well. Like I said previously, life is nothing but to get better and better as time goes by! That's a goal I want to work towards to.

We're left with three more months to the end of the year. And I am already looking back on the odyssey I went through so far. 2014 has taught me a lot of lessons. I'm looking forward to learning and discovering what this year has in offer for me, in its remaining three months. It seems rather shocking to me to realise how quickly time flies. It's like week by week went by, months, and soon, year. I suppose it's a sign that we're growing up? Time is no longer something we track of.

Alright it's the end of the month. Time to share with you the great music I discovered in this month!

Okay before I begin listing down the music, there are a lot of music I discovered this month because I just started listening to the albums I bought in Iceland in this month. So yeah that explains it. And also there are a couple of releases which are awesome!

Great Music of September:
- Begging For Thread by Banks
- Someone New by Banks
- Dreamer by Low Roar (Found them in Iceland!)
- Breathe In by Low Roar
- Phantoms by Low Roar
- Superheroes by The Script
- Every Breaking Wave by U2
- All Night by Icona Pop
- We Got The World by Icona Pop
- Stay By You by Hjaltalin
- 7 Years by Hjaltalin

Banks is a new favourite artist of mine whom I discovered this year! I love her song Bedroom Wall from her EP and she just released her LP titled Goddess in September. Although the album contains songs from her past EPs, the new ones are really nice as well! The two above are my favourite. Love the beat and rhythm for Begging For Thread, and the lyrics as well. I think she's a talent and she will go far in the music scene! All the best Banks! :)

Low Roar is a band I discovered in 12Tonas at Reykjavik. I could still vividly remember the moment I first listened to them. I was listening to Dreamer at 12Tonar. While making my purchase, I asked the shop keeper what CD is playing currently. And their album "0" was on display. So I decided to give them a listen at the shop and well, fell in love. I love his deep voice and ethereal accompaniment. Couldn't stop listening to Dreamer when I got back, cause it reminds me of Iceland so much.

The Script released their new album in this month too! I've bought the album but didn't have the time to give it a proper listen. Superheroes is by far my favourite one from the album. Love love the lyrics and also the video of the song! Too touching. The Script has been my favourite band since their first album. And what I love about them is the fact that they never really change their style, they're true to themselves the past 4 albums! So yep, love them.

U2 released an album exclusively for iTunes. Though I appreciate their hardwork, I think it's quite creepy how Apple can just put these songs in your device without your permission. Don't you think they can put whatever they want to put! Hah. Anyway Every Breaking Wave is my favourite from the album. I'm not a fan of U2, but that song is cool so yeah, no complains :P

As usual, I'm always late in discovering music. Although Icona Pop released their album "This Is.. Icona Pop" a year ago, I just discovered their great songs now. I was driving when I heard one of their songs on the radio. I knew it was them because they sound familiar. After searching on the net, I found out it was "All Night". So I discovered that it's in their latest album so I bought it via an online shop and well, loving the songs from the album. Their songs are adrenaline and happiness inducing.

I discovered Hjaltalin years ago through their song Feels Like Sugar. Bought their 2 albums at 12Tonar and just gave it a listen. I discovered more songs from them and I still have their latest album "Enter 4" to listen to! Will do so in October. I still have a couple of albums to listen to so yep, I'll give them a good listen in this coming month.

Alright, these are the great music of September! I hope you'll give them a listen too, and hope you like them :) Three more months of music discovery! Lets go.

No comments: