Wednesday 10 September 2014

Missing Inner Mongolia

 
 The people who shared one of the best days of my life

September is always a sweet month of reminiscing for me. Because three years ago I went to Inner Mongolia for the Green Desert Project with SP, with my team The Green Transformers. Going to Mongolia is in my wildest dreams and well although I went to Inner Mongolia instead, the memories of the trip never leave my mind. It will always be there, because that two weeks were just so memorable. The people that shared my memories of this trip, the wonderful town of Duolun we spent our days at, the beautiful grasslands and the people there, made the trip so unforgettable.

At the same time we are doing something great for the environment. Recently our team leader, Jesslyn, went back to Duolun with another group and checked the progress of our trees. Although they're not growing super quickly (we planted fir trees by the way), they still showed progress and I'm so ever proud of them. I can still remember one of the uncles who helped us to water the trees back then told me to come back to Duolun with my children and show them that we planted these trees __ years ago. I will definitely do that if I'm given the chance to.

Inner Mongolia is one of the most beautiful places that I've been to. I just love the grasslands, the cooling autumn breeze, the locals and the abundance of empty spaces. Sometimes I wish that all these places would be left untouched. But I'm sure progress will make their way on top and all these spaces will be used for other greater purposes (I hope).

I'm longing to go back to those days again. The tree planting days we had. Where life was so much simpler, and reality seems to forget itself.

No comments: