Wednesday 24 December 2014

2014 - You Reap What You Sow

 Thanks for the lessons

To be honest I have really learned a lot of lessons in this year. And like I said life itself is a school, a school that teaches people without the use of textbooks but experience. I've learned a lot of things through the experiences and events that I went through. And one of the biggest lessons I've learned in 2014 is you really reap what you sow. And most of the time, you can't control what you reap!

Some of you may not know this, but I am actually helping my dad at a flower plantation. Kind of managing it. Managing the cost, the delivery, ordering etc. And to be honest, I've never imagined myself to be working in such environment. Although one of my dream jobs is to actually work in a farm. But hey I actually enjoy doing this. I didn't know flowers can teach me so much about life.

You see planting flowers is a very interesting affair. To simplify things, we plant the seedling of the flower, water it and give it fertilisers, clean the weeds, and in three months they will grow into a beautiful flower. You plant a red flower, it will grow into a red flower. You shower it with love, it will grow beautifully. You neglect it, they will grow poorly and die. You plant 50.000 flowers, you'll gain about 37.500 of it. Being in this business really taught you that you really reap what you sow.

Whatever you do now, whatever decision you make now, the result will only be seen three months later. This is one of the most challenging aspects of the business. And also not forgetting that you're planting a living thing that is affected by nature and a lot of things. You don't make flowers, you grow them. And whatever you do to the flowers within this three months will be reflected to their final growth. And do we know how well will they grow? Can we control how we want them to grow? No.

The flowers have taught me a lot that you really reap what you sow, and most of the time you cannot control what you reap. And if we reap something we do not like, something we do not wish to reap, the only thing we can do is to make the best of whatever we have reaped. And learn from the experience so that you can choose what not to sow in the future. We make mistakes, we make wrong moves. But we cannot just choose how the outcome will be. But we can learn to not make the same mistake and not to make the wrong move in the future, and ultimately lead a better life.

So thank you to my dear flowers, you have indeed taught me a great lesson in life.

No comments: