Thursday 25 December 2014

Best of 2014 - Moments

It's Christmas day so first of all wishing you a merry Christmas! Today was kind of a busy day for me because I have a visitor coming over. And it was also a rainy day too. I don't really celebrate Christmas but the rain kinda dampens the day's spirit! Ah well no one can control the weather. Plus it's December, can't complain much right. Oh and it was a pretty much cold day as well.

Anyway Christmas day is always an awesome day of reminiscent for me. So for today's post, I'm going to talk about the best moments of this year! From the beginning till now.

Best of 2014 - Moments 

 Great to be reunited again!

I started the year to a great trip back to Singapore to catch SPSB's 37th MD! It was a great trip back reuniting with some of my friends, whom mostly are heading overseas to study, and to reunite with my band mates as well. It felt pretty weird to be seated on the audience seat watching my juniors perform, and to realise we are alumni now. It brought back a lot of memories of my last MD too. Nevertheless it was a great trip back to Singapore! :)

My one-day old nephew, can't believe he's this small back then!

Then shortly after my trip to Singapore, my nephew is born! It was such an exciting time for my family to welcome a new addition haha. And it was also the day I officially turned into an uncle. I'm happy to become one, and I'm glad my nephew is growing healthily (he's turning 11-month soon).

The siblings and their newly wed sister!

February begins with the wedding of my sister and brother-in-law! It was another exciting time too, to see the both of them getting married. The sister whom I've been living together with in Singapore ever since I first went there to study is now married! Although the house feels a little bit emptier without my sister now, but I suppose I have gotten used to it through time. But I still do miss her sometimes.

EOTS live in Singapore. So, alive.

2014 has been a great year of gigs for me too. Kicking off this year was Empire of The Sun in Singapore! I've been wanting to catch them live, because I read of the internet about how much of a pleasure to the eyes (and not only the ears) their concert is. And yup pretty blown away by it. I'm very excited to hear their new album, which I believe is going to be released next year.

I miss you

The highlight of the year is definitely my trip to Iceland, a trip where I finally realised the dream I've been holding on to for years. It was a great trip and I believe I've emphasise how awesome it is in my posts back in August. Sometimes I just can't believe that I went there this year. It feels too good to be true. But well yes I went there, bucket list item ticked off! I wonder where I'll go to next.

Resolution done

After returning from Iceland, I decided to run the Jakarta marathon 10K race. It's a 2014 resolution for me so I have to make it happen. With only about 50 days of training, I managed to finish the race in 1h17m. Not my best timing, but I truly enjoyed the race. It is indeed great to be back running again. I hope I can make this a yearly affair because I truly enjoyed running the race.

L'alphalpha at Soundsfair!

Next on my 2014 gigs list are Soundsfair 2014 in Jakarta (before my marathon) and RRREC fest in the valley a week after that. I managed to catch my favourite Indonesian band L'alphalpha, and also pretty lucky to catch Weish, whom I've been wanting to watch live, both at Soundsfair! 

 WSATCC at RRREC Fest

And to finally watch White Shoes and The Couples Company live is truly a dream come true for me.

Chvrches was so so great

To close off my 2014 gigs is Chvrches live in Singapore too! When the released the news that they're performing in Singapore again (back in August I think) I was just so so happy. I missed them during Laneway this year and it was pretty devastating hah. So glad for them to come back to Singapore and for me to catch them live with Brenda! And and and, we got to meet them too! My life is almost complete seriously hah. Definitely one of the best moments of 2014.

Right, I suppose these are the awesome moments of 2014! We have 6 more days left to this year so who knows I'll have another awesome moment heh. Well, wishing everyone an awesome last 6 days to the year! Let us all end 2014 beautifully, it's been a year, really. 

No comments: