Tuesday 30 December 2014

Body

 "The Tibetan word for body is lu and it means something we leave behind"
- Sogyal Rinpoche-

This will be my last "best of 2014" post before I do my huge recap on the year. And it's gonna be a special post, about probably the greatest lesson I learned this year.

Similar to the previous post, I came across this "lesson" from the Tibetan Book of The Dead and Living by Sogyal Rinpoche. In fact this lesson is nothing but merely a sentence I came across with, that changed my life forever. It changed the way I see life, and everything. This sentence blew me away really. Alright here goes that sentence which I came across in the book:

"The Tibetan word for body is lu and it means something we leave behind" 

To me this sentence is the quintessence of life. The epitome of life. And it's the only reason to why we should live our life to the fullest. Sometimes we forgot that after we die, we literally carry nothing with us. Even this body that we've been living in forever, is going to be left behind. No memories, feelings, thoughts and emotions will be carried with us. All, disappear into the abyss of life.

However most importantly this sentence drives me a lot, not just to live life to the fullest. 

Before I die, I want this body to see the great sights of the world. I want this body to listen to the great music of the world. I want this body to speak the greatest words of the world to other people. I want this body to taste as much great food as ethically possible. I want this body to write the greatest words and stories for other people to read. I want this body, to experience great things, as much as possible, before I live this body behind.

Most importantly, I want this body to be kind to other sentinent beings. I want this body to help other sentinent beings. I want this body to relieve as much sufferings of other beings as possible. I want this body to be of great use to other beings as possible. I want this body to give as much compassion as possible to this world. So that when I leave this body behind, I know this body has fulfilled what I want this body to do. I know that this body has done a lot of good deeds in this life.

Which leaves me to the next great question: who is this "i" we are talking about?

No comments: