Friday 12 December 2014

Train

 Mangga Besar station

I just got back from a short trip to Jakarta today, as I got to meet someone with my brother yesterday! I used to love going to Jakarta, since it has everything. But with the recent jams and horrible road conditions, I don't love going to Jakarta and I only go there when I need to go there. But fret not, we have the train now! Like I've blogged last year, the government re-opened the Sukabumi-Bogor route last year. And from Bogor you can take the train to Jakarta, all in all, a 4-hour jam-free journey!

I love taking trains now. They are comfortable, convenient and pretty smooth ride too. My dream for my country is to have all major cities connected with railways, and also small but "significant" cities. Wouldn't it be great if public transport here is improved, and everyone would rather take public transport instead of driving their cars? Less traffic on the road I suppose.

And when I look at the window outside of the train, I realised how much potential my country has, to become better and stronger. I am not losing faith in my country but I am in fact always hopeful. And I always hope I can always be a part of this hope.

Still waiting for the Sukabumi - Bandung route to open though. That'll be awesome!

No comments: