Thursday 2 June 2016

I don't really like to talk about... Money. But well if you refer to my previous post, I'm currently experiencing some "problems" with money heh. Which really reminds me of a Chinese saying:

钱不是万能的, 但没钱是万万不能的

Which translates to: money isn't everything but without money, you can't do a lot of things.

Well it is very true actually, both parts of the saying. Money truly isn't everything in this life. It cannot buy happiness. Well it can buy you chocolate and chocolate gives endorphin and thus happiness haha. But you do get what I mean right. My dad always reminds me to never ever make money your destination. And well I have never ever thought of making it my destination. Because I believe that money is truly the root of evil heh. Although you might rebut by saying that it's greed.

My dad says that money is just a tool. An object that allows you to do some things. But you should never make it a "goal" in life. Or a destination as he puts it. Which I totally agree, like it's sort of a bridge I think? To let you do some things you want to do in life. Some things don't require money and some things can't even be done even if you have an unlimited amount of money. Like time and health.

You know there's a saying that goes like: you can buy the world's most expensive watch but you can't buy time. You can buy the world's most comfortable bed but you can't buy sleep. You can buy the world's most miraculous medicine but you can't buy health. Ayyy.

At the same time, when you don't have money, you realise that you can't do a lot of things. I won't go into details but yes, I realise how much "crippled" I am in some ways, now that I don't have enough money to get this and that. Not for me, but for the business. And that Chinese saying was ringing in my head as I am encountering this. Ah well, things are kind of working out thankfully.

I suppose this is what my dad means about never making money your destination. Because when you do, this search, this thirst for money will make you insane once you run out of them. You gotta be smart I guess. It reminds me of The Hobbit. How Thorin is so obsessed with gold.

Ah well. What a bittersweet world we live in. Perhaps money truly is the root of all evil.

No comments: