Wednesday 8 June 2016

Bye Android (For Now)

 
Goodbye (for now), Android

And so, I've decided to get myself... An iPhone 6! Haha. Well I'm going to say goodbye with Android for now. I was spoilt between the choice of Samsung S6, S7 or... Well I'm kind of paranoid but I was thinking of the new LG G5. But then hmm the price is rather expensive. Besides to be honest I'm kind of paranoid with Android phones now. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful really. Well I just wanna try iOS I guess! I've been both an Android and Apple user anyway. Owning an iPad and iPod.

I've been an Android fanboy for 5 years. And what I love about Android is truly the diversity. One operating system with hundreds of phones to choose. Whereas for iOS there's only one brand of phone you can use. Although to be honest I've been a sucker for iOS. Because I love simplicity. So far LG is the phone that I find the simplest among the Android phones I've used. I would gladly get another G4, but knowing that I may receive another faulty model, why would I right?

Yes I'm guilty of making fun and being stubborn that Android > Apple. An example of a victim is my sister, who's been using iPhone since 2010 hah. She told me that this is my karma for making fun of Apple users hahaha. But now come to think of it... It's just a phone. I think we should all leave our pride behind. And create a harmonious and peaceful community of Appledroids. What.

So why iPhone you might ask? Yes like I mentioned above, I really love Apple's simplicity both in its layout and user's experience. It's pretty nice and smooth, as I've experienced from my iPod and iPad. And also since I got most of my music from iTunes, it's gonna be pretty convenient for me to transfer music too. I'm also very intrigued by the camera. There's something different about Apple cameras. But nope, I don't think it can be as awesome as my LG G4, sadly. But we'll see!

I used to brag about how convenient it is for Android users to get expandable storage and removable batteries. But then again, it seems like the future of phones is everything but expandable storage and removable battery. Because we're pushing for designs and stuff. So well can't brag about this anymore. And I'm fine with it. I think it's just the way technology is moving towards to.

It was rather a stressful night last night trying to salvage my contacts and messages. So thankful that there's the move to iOS app in Android that allows me to transfer my data to the iPhone. I actually put my phone inside the freezer and it did work! Giving about 15 minutes, just enough to salvage my contacts and messages. I was so relieved for this to happen whew! Because the phone died again just after I finished transferring the information. It's so stressful really. Glad everything worked out.

So far I've been kind of enjoying my time with the new iPhone. Well I'm used to the OS since I've been using my iPod and iPad. Kinda surprised to learn more tricks and tips on YouTube though. Oh well, goodbye for now Android. Maybe one day out paths will meet again, maybe I'll walk on the Apple path. Not sure how but for now, I'm going to make good use of my new phone.

Also, lesson learned: BACK UP x 1000

No comments: