Saturday 4 June 2016

Meteor Garden

 An accidental shot that turns out quite lovely
Taken with my trusty G4!

Don't judge me about the title! But well the above photo really reminds me of the lyric from the Meteor Garden song 流星雨 (Meteor Shower) that goes like: 陪你去看流星雨落在这地球上, 让你的泪落在我肩膀. Which means... Let me accompany you to watch the meteor shower falling on earth, to let you tears roll on my shoulder? Haha. It's so cheesy but it's so beautiful.

But anyway, I can't believe that it's been 15 years since this song was released! I remember those days when Meteor Garden was such a huge show here in Indonesia, starring F4. All the young people know how to sing the songs, they know the characters, we even have rivalries to prove which one is the better character and stuff. Those were the days, when we were so young and naive!

Fifteen years ago, I couldn't even speak, read and understand Chinese. We sang the song like as if we know how to speak Chinese haha. I can still remember we used to brag that we "know" how to speak Chinese because we know how to sing this song. That's kinda embarrassing.

It's kinda terrifying to really see how fast time has passed us by. Like 15 years ago I was still this 9 year old boy. In 15 years so much has happened to him and his world. So far time has been going faster and faster as I grow older. I'm pretty sure the next 15 years will feel like 5.

Anyway, the photo was taken with my LG G4! Manual mode, 30 seconds of exposure. I was at the farm last night and the sky was so clear. We've been having cloudy and misty nights for the past few weeks so I was quite blessed! I was annoyed because I didn't have my DSLR with me but then I remember I have manual mode on my phone! So I just take long exposures of the sky and the result was pretty pleasantly surprising. I didn't expect it to be this nice to be honest.

I'm always so fascinated by the universe. So I always enjoy staring at the night sky, and if given the chance, to capture it with my camera. It's pretty amazing to see the milky way. Actually last night, the sky was so clear that you can see glimpses of the milky way with your naked eyes! Amazing.

Alright that's all for now. I'm going to keep up with my blogging. June is here!

No comments: