Tuesday 21 June 2016

Route One

Sigur Ros just ended their 24 hour live stream of them going around Iceland via the famous Route One! I didn't follow the whole stream, just the beginning last night and the end of the stream just now. It was such a total Deja Vu moment for me. Passing through the roads I once drove on, the streets of Reykjavik, near Loft Hostel and so on. Thank you for the magical ride! It's amazing.

 I had hotdog here in Borgarnes!

Guess what, in fact, the bus stopped at a stop in Borgarnes, which is a place I stopped by too 2 years ago for toilet break haha. I even bought a hotdog and some drinks there hahaha.

Anyway sorry for not blogging last week. I've been pretty busy and I didn't have time to blog! Nevertheless here I am now. Things are getting pretty exciting because Hari Raya is nearing. It is always a busy time for us here haha. Right now I'm finalising stuff. 

Kinda stressful but well I'll get through everything.

 Takk Boogie Trouble!

Talking about Iceland - I was pretty surprised to receive a package from Iceland about 2 weeks ago. My sister Whatsapped me saying that I have a package from Iceland and I was like what? Since when did I have a friend there haha. Turned out it was the debut album of Boogie Trouble! Which is a band I discovered about 2 years ago. I joined their crowdfunding campaign for their debut album and alas they sent it to me. Pretty amazing huh. And I love their album as well :D

Still a bit sad with the fact that I missed their gig at Loft Hostel by one day!

The past two nights have been pretty sentimental to me. I miss Iceland! I wish I can go back there. Passing through the same streets I once walked on and roads I once drove on, pretty amazing feeling. Sigur Ros is such a genius. I love Jonsi's concept of the project. Which goes like:

"In a day and age of instant gratification and everything moving so fast, we wanted to do the exact opposite. Slow tv is counter-active to the world we live in, in that it happens in real time and real slow.”

Yup. I feel that time is moving way too fast too. 

No comments: