Tuesday 14 June 2016

Less Horrible

It's been two days since I read the news about the mass shooting at Pulse, a gay bar in Orlando, and I'm still left in shock. When I read the news on Twitter, it was breaking news and it only read as "mass shooting in Orlando". Then it got updated into "mass shooting in a gay bar in Orlando" and my heart just sank. It was only a day after Christina Grimmie got shot and died from her injuries. And this had to happen? It felt like a tiny part of this world just collapsed into the abyss. Gone forever.

I still couldn't and wouldn't understand why people need to kill other people. I don't get why we have to hurt one another. Why can't we all be nice to the people we come across with in this life. Before all of us leave our bodies behind, why don't we make full good use of this body to be kind to one another. Instead of using this body of ours to make someone unwillingly leave their bodies behind.

As I follow up on the news of the shootings I felt sick. I felt so disgusted and I feel like I've lost my faith in humanity. We are all the citizen of this world and I feel so urgh whenever I think about the fact that there are people who kill one another. Another fellow citizen of this planet. Out of what? Hate? Anger? Ego? I just couldn't fathom it really. I was just so frustrated that I couldn't sleep that Sunday night.

I couldn't fathom the fact that people love to add and create more suffering to other people in this world where we already have more than enough suffering. And I wish everyday that we can all be free of our suffering one day. Before I meditate, before I chant, that's what I wish my practice would give.

Ellen Page said in her coming out speech:

"This world will be a whole lot better if we just make an effort to be less horrible to one another"

I hope we can  all ponder on this statement for a while. And spend a bit more effort to make this world a better place. And this, I believe, is a collective effort that all of us have to do. Not just one or a handful of people. Everyone. And I really hope that we can make this world a better place.

Heaven was filled with rainbows that night. To everyone who lost their lives, may your beautiful fabulous souls rest in peace. Go on and paint the sky with rainbows. And tell them, love always wins in the end.

Take care everyone.

No comments: