Sunday 5 June 2016

Brick

So just as I was bragging and feeling awed about my phone's camera being able to capture the beautiful night sky, it decided to turn into a brick last night! Okay so I was just charging my phone and unplugged it after it's fully charged. It then went to restart on its own so I was like okay maybe it's just a normal restart. But it just stayed on its "LG" start screen and it didn't turn into the home screen.

I tried taking off the battery and putting it back again. It still did the same as before. So I was okay maybe let me just leave it without battery for hours and... It's still the same. I searched online and apparently lots of LG G4 users are experiencing this too. I saw YouTube videos and people who commented that they are experiencing the same thing, commented within this month (or May).

After doing more research online, apparently it is indeed a product glitch and LG has announced it. So it's "officially" a product defect. Damn! People in the US are experiencing it and thankfully they can get replacements by their providers. However I saw some people commenting that even though they actually have a replacement, the same thing happened to their replacement phone after a few months!

There are some temporary solutions to the problems, but not many permanent ones. Unless you send it to LG to fix it once and for all. However some people were even denied warranty because apparently the phones are not made in their own country and they don't have international warranty or something.

I feel... Really upset. I'm not upset because my phone is spoilt but I'm upset because it's less than a year old! I bought in in early October last year and now this has to happen. And the worst part is I really really love this phone. It is literally the best phone I've ever used in terms of everything. Camera, battery life, performance and so on. And I'm so sad that this has to happen. I really hope that LG can fix this issue and it won't repeat again in future phones. Because I will gladly use LG again.

But as of now, I'm feeling kind of paranoid of using LG heh. I'll use you again in the future.

Don't judge me... But I've decided to go for an iPhone mwahaha. Okay lots of reasons to why I decided to jump ship. I've been an Android fanboy all my life (although I have an iPad and iPod). But oh well at the end of the day it's just...  A phone. Let's not make a big deal out of it.

My sister is currently in Jakarta so she called me just now if I want her to help me get one. With a heavy heart, I bought it. Because this is such an unexpected unnecessary purchase. If only all of this didn't happen. Thankful to my mum who decided to help me financially as an early birthday gift haha. 

Anyway the reason why I quickly bought a new phone is.. I feel really crippled without one. Not because of social media or stuff like that - but because I can't communicate with my customers and workers! Which is very very crucial to me. Thankfully we didn't do a lot of delivery today so everything was sorted rather easily. But still, I feel very crippled heh. I've decided to get a cheap phone as an emergency backup. It was rather chaotic last night, trying all my ideas and ways to communicate.

Well I suppose everything happens for a reason. I'm kind of thankful that this happened last night, on this day, on that moment. Can you imagine if my phone decided to die when I'm stranded in the forest or something haha. Or when I was in Tibet! That would be quite devastating. And I'm thankful to backup my files on my memory card. Although I'm still trying to find ways to import my contacts to my new iPhone later. Kinda found a way and I hope it'll really work.

Sometimes I just have no luck with technology. It's kinda funny how I always try my best to stay off-grid. But this incident just kinda shows how much crippled I can get without a phone. Although yes, I'm "crippled" in a sense that I can't communicate with the people I have to communicate with. 

Okay once I got my new phone, I'll tell you why I decided to jump ship.

No comments: